The Association of Japanese Business Studies

UPDATE: 2021 CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS

June 24-25 or June 25, 2021 – online

Submission Deadline: Sunday, January 31st, 2021

Program Chair: TAKASHI SAKIKAWA, Chuo University, Tokyo, Japan

Virtual conference: AJJBS has decided to hold its 34th Annual Meeting online in line with the announcement that the 2021 Academy of International Business (AIB) conference will be held as an online event. The AJBS virtual conference will be held on June 24-25 or June 25. The conference length depends on how many papers are submitted. We will announce the final conference date once we have learned the number of paper submissions. We will keep the existing deadline of submission: Sunday, January 31st, 2021. Please submit your paper via the AJBS online submission system. The online submission portal is available now:
https://meetings.aib.msu.edu/ajbs/2021/

Mentoring session and the joint, real and virtual program session with IASM at Chuo University, Tokyo, Japan: We have decided to not have the mentoring session during the AJBS online conference. Instead, we will have the mixed online and onsite mentoring session at Chuo University, Tokyo, Japan on September 18 or September 19. This session will be held as a joint program session with International Academy of Strategic Management or IASM. IASM’s 2021 annual conference will be held at Chuo University on September 18 and 19. The mentoring session will be held in a time slot for the IASM conference.

Two tracks for the mentoring session: The mentoring session is composed of two tracks. One is for researchers. It will be designed to help doctoral students, junior and
senior scholars to improve their research and publishing abilities and to develop a paper for ABM (short for Asian and Business) journal. Other track is for graduate (on master course) and undergraduate students. It will be designed to help those students interested in Japanese and non-Japanese multinational corporations to conduct their research or/and to develop their career.

To people who have a plan to attend the mentoring session track for researchers: We particularly welcome doctoral students and junior faculty members to apply for the mentoring session. It’s a great opportunity. To apply, please contact Takashi Sakikawa at [log in to unmask] by January 31st, 2021, with the following documents: (1) a one-page CV, and (2) a one-page description of the applicant’s research program, highlighting a current paper or ongoing research project on which she or he would like to receive input. If available, please also attach a working paper for which you would like to receive feedback.

To people who have a plan to attend the mentoring session track for undergraduate and graduate (on a master program) students: Graduate students on a master program and undergraduate students need to email a recommendation written by their supervisor to Takashi Sakikawa at [log in to unmask] no later than the end of August, 2021.

Authors may submit papers to either AIB or AJBS conference or both conferences. AJBS will consider submissions that have already been presented elsewhere, but not published in a journal or book. Authors are encouraged to consider submitting a paper tailored to the specialized audience at the AJBS conference as well as a modified version appropriate for a wider audience at AIB. As done in past years, we also plan to have one session run by AJBS at the AIB conference.

Paper submissions must be on letter paper (8.5"x11" or 216x279 mm), with double-spaced text and a font size of 11 points or larger. For papers, please follow the JIBS style guide (http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/style_guide.html).

Please submit papers in MS-Word format (if MS-Word format is not available, please use a basic text format that can be easily converted to MS-Word. Please do not submit papers in PDF format.) To facilitate the blind review process for paper submissions, remove ALL author-identifying information from the papers. Papers will be double-blind reviewed, with the conference papers selected and authors notified by the middle of March 2021.

Submission of an accepted, AJBS 2020 conference paper:
Due to Corona virus pandemic, AJBS 2020 conference was cancelled. Papers accepted to the AJBS 2020 conference will automatically be accepted for presentation at the AJBS 2021 conference. If you would like to present your AJBS 2020 paper at the AJBS 2021 conference, please send an email, using “AJBS 2020 paper” as the subject, along with your paper (same or revised paper) to AJBS 2020 Conference Chair, Prof Yuhee Jung ([log in to unmask]). Please note that these papers will not be peer-reviewed and will not be published in the AJBS 2021 proceedings. If you have completely revised your AJBS 2020 paper, you may submit it as a new submission (see above). The submission deadline is Sunday, January 31st, 2021.

Conference fee and membership fee: We are considering the online conference fee that would be different from fees for previous, onsite AJBS conferences. Once we have decided, we will announce the online conference fee as well as AJBS annual membership fee.

Asian Business & Management:  In 2003, AJBS established a partnership with the journal Asian Business & Management (ABM), published by Palgrave Macmillan in the U.K. As in recent years, the editor of ABM, together with the AJBS conference committee, will select several papers from this year's conference program to be considered for publication in ABM.

Palgrave Macmillan – AJBS Best Paper Award:  Palgrave Macmillan has sponsored a ‘Best Paper’ award at the annual AJBS meetings. The Best Paper Committee will review the finalist papers and select the winning paper.

Information on the AIB online conference is available at   https://www.aib.world/events/2021/

For questions regarding conference papers and submissions, please contact Takashi Sakikawa ([log in to unmask] ). For questions or comments regarding AJBS or conference registration, please contact [log in to unmask] or the AJBS President, Fabian Jintae Froese ([log in to unmask]).

----
Tomoki Sekiguchi, Ph.D.
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Applied Psychology: An International Review
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14640597
President, Euro-Asia Management Studies Association (EAMSA)
Vice President, Association of Japanese Business Studies (AJBS)
Professor, Kyoto University Graduate School of Management
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, JAPAN
TEL: +81-75-753-3470 / FAX: +81-75-753-3492

Recent publications:
HRMR: GTM of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean MNCs
MIR: How inpatriates internalize corporate values at HQ  https://rdcu.be/bQPS5
ABM: International HRM of Japanese MNCs https://rdcu.be/bQRAe