Can you please post the following advertisement?

Assistant Professor of Marketing (Tenure-Track)

Strome College of Business

Old Dominion University

The Department of Marketing in the Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University invites applications from qualified candidates for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Marketing position to begin in Fall 2021.

Responsibilities: research that results in high quality scholarly publications; 6 hours of teaching per semester while on tenure-track, including undergraduate, MBA and PhD level marketing courses based on departmental needs; service to the university and profession.

Qualifications: Required qualifications include a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in marketing from an AACSB-accredited institution (must have degree completed at the time of appointment), a strong interest in scholarly research activities, and evidence of teaching excellence.

Preference will be given to candidates with accepted/published articles or with a well-established research pipeline, and those who work in the three concentration areas offered by the marketing department (see below). Ability and/or willingness to engage with the business community is also a plus.

About the Department of Marketing: The Department of Marketing consists of a collegial group of faculty who are championing exciting initiatives to increase research impact and engagement with the business community. We offer undergraduate, MBA, and Ph.D. programs in marketing. Our undergraduate program features three specialized concentrations: Digital Marketing, Professional Selling, and Marketing Analytics and Research. The Department manages two research and community engagement initiatives: (1) the Thurmond Negotiations Lab, whose mission is to empower women and minorities through sales and negotiation education; and (2) the Loyalty Science Lab, which is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on brand and customer loyalty through rigorous research and collaboration between academia and marketing practice.

About the Strome College of Business: The Department of Marketing is part of the Strome College of Business, an AACSB-accredited business school. The College is home to eight disciplines: accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, information technology and decision sciences, international business, and public service. Our online MBA program is ranked among the top 25 Online MBA Programs by Princeton Review and among the top 50 online MBA Programs by US News. Our undergraduate business programs are also among US News’ Best Undergraduate Business Programs.

About Old Dominion University: Old Dominion University is an internationally-oriented, state-supported institution of more than 20,000 diverse students. The university is located in the greater Hampton Roads area with a population of about 1.5 million. The area is rich in recreational and cultural activities and has one of the best natural harbors on the East Coast. We are located within three hours of Washington, DC. The resort city of Virginia Beach with miles of beaches is only half-an-hour drive towards the East and the beauty and magnificence of the Shenandoah Mountains are a few hours to the West. Colonial Williamsburg is also within an hour’s drive from campus.

Application Details: Interested candidates should submit the following documents through the university’s online job application system (https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/12891): a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and any supplemental materials the candidate may deem relevant. Inquiries about the position should be directed to either of the Search Committee Co-Chairs: Dr. Aaron Arndt ([log in to unmask], 757-683-4986) or Dr. Yuping Liu-Thompkins ([log in to unmask], 757-683-6551).

Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom in late February 2021. To be considered for the initial interviews, application needs to be received by February 10, 2021. We will continue to review applications after that until the position is filled or until April 1, whichever comes earlier.

ODU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer and requires compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.

John B. Ford, Ph.D.

Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Advertising Research

Associate Editor (Advertising), Journal of Business Research

Professor of Marketing and International Business, Eminent Scholar and

Haislip-Rohrer Fellow

Coordinator for the Ph.D. Track in Marketing

Strome College of Business

Old Dominion University

2117 Constant Hall

Norfolk, VA 23529