From: Isaacs, Rufus <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next week's Entomology seminar - Dr. Rebecca Tonietto

Dear colleagues:

On Monday January 25, Dr. Rebecca Tonietto from The University of Michigan, Flint will present The Porch Project in Flint, Michigan: prioritizing community goals and supporting pollinators with an equitable, engaged approach. The seminar will be presented online at 12-1pm - see attached flyer and below to register.

Dr. Tonietto’s program combines urban ecology, plant restoration, and bee biology as highlighted in this recent essay published in Conservation Biology. I recommend you watch this excellent 15 minute documentary on The Porch Project as an introduction to the seminar topic. In addition to her research and outreach work with The Porch Project, Dr. Tonietto is a co-founder of Plant Love Stories.

For students and postdocs interested in meeting with our speaker during a 2-3pm group discussion, look for a message from Jenna Walters or contact her at [log in to unmask].

Our Entomology seminars are being run as a webinar series, so you will need to visit https://msu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JOJH1ZEvQQ2lat3AX4XB0A to register. You’ll then receive an email with the details of how to connect and a calendar invitation (these sometimes go to the spam folder).

We look forward to your participation in the seminar next week,

Rufus Isaacs & Jenna Walters