From: Isaacs, Rufus <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next week's Entomology seminar - Dr. Rebecca Tonietto

Dear colleagues:

On Monday January 25, Dr. Rebecca Tonietto from The University of Michigan, Flint will present The Porch Project in Flint, Michigan: prioritizing community goals and supporting pollinators with an equitable, engaged approach. The seminar will be presented online at 12-1pm - see attached flyer and below to register.

Dr. Tonietto's program combines urban ecology, plant restoration, and bee biology as highlighted in this recent essay published in Conservation Biology<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/conbio.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cobi.12840__;!!HXCxUKc!hBBwJH8pUI-Pz1MIdDBvW_fgYMTvY72QI2IpPpMTlXZ2fBJ4NHJXOLqcxPYO-qI$>. I recommend you watch this excellent 15 minute documentary<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4OYssdbVNg__;!!HXCxUKc!hBBwJH8pUI-Pz1MIdDBvW_fgYMTvY72QI2IpPpMTlXZ2fBJ4NHJXOLqcc4na-j4$> on The Porch Project as an introduction to the seminar topic. In addition to her research and outreach work with The Porch Project, Dr. Tonietto is a co-founder of Plant Love Stories<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.plantlovestories.com/__;!!HXCxUKc!hBBwJH8pUI-Pz1MIdDBvW_fgYMTvY72QI2IpPpMTlXZ2fBJ4NHJXOLqc0PmD9JU$>.

For students and postdocs interested in meeting with our speaker during a 2-3pm group discussion, look for a message from Jenna Walters or contact her at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Our Entomology seminars are being run as a webinar series, so you will need to visit https://msu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JOJH1ZEvQQ2lat3AX4XB0A to register. You'll then receive an email with the details of how to connect and a calendar invitation (these sometimes go to the spam folder).

We look forward to your participation in the seminar next week,

Rufus Isaacs & Jenna Walters