Growing Hope's mission is to foster an equitable and sustainable local food system that empowers all people to grow, buy, sell, prepare, and eat nourishing food. We envision a community where all people--particularly those with barriers due to race, class, culture, language, ability, and mobility--have access to nourishing local food that is culturally appropriate and affordable.

Farmers Market Assistant
We are looking for someone who is passionate about connecting Ypsilanti area residents with local foods. This position requires in-person interaction with vendors and the community, physical set-up and tear-down of market equipment, and computer skills.

Garden Coordinator
The Home Vegetable Garden Program supports Ypsilanti residents to garden at home, providing them with physical infrastructure, horticultural education and connection with each other and mentor growers. We are looking for someone who loves working with other people and getting their hands dirty! The position requires sharing and teaching knowledge of sustainable/organic gardening practices. This is a physically demanding position, candidate must be able to shovel and move large amounts of soil and lumber in and out of a truck bed and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
No academic degree or prior experience required.

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth Bee Ayer
Director of Programs and Operations
(Pronouns: she/her/hers)

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vtvGneHGv8zMgQd7h4P5oLzxMJBGVzCM&revid=0B9B8VyebKMszRTJrb0RXdjUycnFkcnc0Y0ZxVFMvQTJlVlFVPQ]
734.786.8401 Office
922 W. Michigan Ave.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Growing Hope fosters an equitable and sustainable local food system where all people are empowered to grow, sell, buy, prepare and eat nourishing food.

The Growing Hope Urban Farm is a scent free space. Please refrain from wearing any products that contain fragrance to our space.