Thousand Currents (which I’m on the Board of) is seeking applicants for several positions. Thousand Currents is a trust-based grassroots-focused foundation, directly supporting much of the work on food sovereignty, agroecology, supporting women & girls, alternative economies, and climate justice. Our partners (not just “grantees”) include Via Campesina, Focus on the Global South, and many other aligned organizations. So if you have skills relevant to the positions (Chief Operating Officer (COO); Interim Director of Finance and Administration; Executive Assistant) or know folks who do, consider applying and forwarding. Thanks!

Jahi

https://thousandcurrents.org/careers/

Thousand Currents is a registered 501(c)(3) charity.

For almost 35 years, Thousand Currents (formerly IDEX) has invested more than US$10 million in 1,000 community-led initiatives in the Global South. Today, we are exchanging grassroots brilliance for lasting and transformative change. Our partners are currently working with and connected to over 200 million women, small farmers, Indigenous Peoples, urban residents, sexual and ethnic minorities, and youth.

Current Opportunities

Hiring Now: Chief Operating Officer (COO)

Full job description available here.

Thousand Currents is thrilled to launch a search for its Chief Operating Officer (COO). We are a dynamic, values-based organization in the midst of a period of significant growth in a rapidly evolving environment.  As such, we are seeking a professional with demonstrated experience providing leadership and working collaboratively to develop systems and practices that address the interplay between growth, learning, innovation, complexity, culture, and equity. After several years of growth, Thousand Currents seeks an experienced leader to play an integral strategic and leadership role in organization building, ensuring our practices, systems, and culture propel our work and impact into the next decade in alignment with our values. The successful candidate will be energized by the prospect of supporting and partnering with an exceptional staff and board, honoring Thousand Currents’ mission, spirit and relationships, while leading and serving with wisdom, grace, maturity and skill in the service of even greater impact. Full job description available here.

Hiring Now: Interim Director of Finance and Administration

Full job description available here.

Thousand Currents seeks an experienced Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to lead and oversee the financial operations for an interim period during the parental leave of our Current Director of Finance. The DFA plays a central role in leading the finance, human resources, operations and organizational effectiveness functions at Thousand Currents, ensuring that the organization has the systems in place to manage and adapt during a period of rapid growth and change, with evolving programs and new initiatives, partnerships and revenue streams.  The role participates in the senior management team and provides leadership, technical expertise, practical knowledge, strategic thinking and problem solving skills to the finance and administration functions. The DFA does this through a) leading and overseeing all aspects of financial management; b) leading and overseeing all aspects of HR and personnel policies; and c) managing office operations and systems that allow our dynamic, virtual, multi-site team to thrive, communicate and work effectively together. Full job description available here.

Hiring Now: Executive Assistant

Full job description available here.

Thousand Currents is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to work with its Executive Director and other members of the senior management team. The executive assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the executive director, the Board, and providing administrative support to other SMT members as needed. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director. Full job description available here.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT

Thousand Currents is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.