NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GEOSCIENCE TEACHERS WEBINAR

Developing A Sense of Place During Distance Learning
Tuesday, November 17th

1:00pm PT | 2:00pm MT | 3:00pm CT | 4:00pm ET

Registration Link -  Deadline: Sunday, November 15

Presenters

Steve Semken, School of Earth & Space Exploration, Arizona State University
Carrie Ferraro, Dept. of Marine & Coastal Sciences & Institute of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences, Rutgers University
Tara Laidlaw, Southern Oregon Land Conservancy

Sense of place helps students contextualize their learning, engage in systems thinking, and connect more personally with course content. How can we adjust our curriculum and facilitation to help students develop a sense of place, when we can't be in a place together? In this webinar, we will explore several approaches for incorporating sense of place into distance learning, including taking virtual field trips, tapping into local knowledge, and using a community's shared experience as a springboard.