Teach. Lead. Inspire.
At the Michigan State University College of Education, take your first steps to teaching Chinese to the next generation of students with the Chinese Language Teacher Certification Program. Our two-year residency program is for individuals who have a passion for Chinese language and learning and look forward to making a long, lasting impact in their careers.

Program Highlights:
*   Obtain a certificate for teaching Chinese and a Master's degree in Teaching and Curriculum
*   Automatically receive scholarships to bring tuition rates down to in-state tuition rates
*   Receive fellowships of up to $20,000
*   Be part of the #1 ranked teacher preparation program
*   Prepare for teaching jobs in a high demand area
*   Have internship training in a U.S. K-12 school and one year of independent teaching

Make a difference in the minds and lives of others through our Chinese Language Teacher Certification Program. Classes start in May 2021.
Apply today!  http://education.msu.edu/certification/alternative/chinese-experimental/admissions/
For more program details see: https://education.msu.edu/certification/alternative/chinese-experimental/
Questions: Please email our program secretary, Elana Nanney, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call us at 517-884-6061.

Financial Example:

Please note that this example is based off the per credit tuition rates for 2020/2021. It does not include per semester fees, course materials, housing, etc. It is meant to help you estimate your tuition for the program.  This example may not represent actual tuition rates as the university tuition rates and fees may change each year. (We are estimating a possible 4% tuition increase for 2021/2022 and the 2022/2023 increases are not currently known.) This will give an approximation as to what the per credit costs and scholarships of this program entail.

Students will be charged graduate certification/lifelong education tuition rates for Summer #1 and Fall #1.  They will apply for the MATC in Fall #1 and begin paying Master's tuition rates once they have been accepted in Spring #1.

Number
of Credits
Approximate
Non-Resident Tuition Rate
Approximate Non-Resident Scholarship & Fellowships
Approximate
Tuition Costs
Summer #1
6
$6,042
$1,326
$4,716
Fall #1
6
$6,042
$1,326
$4,716
Spring #1
6
$9,462
$4,548
$4,914
Year 1 Total
18
$21,546
$7,200
$14,346

Summer #2
6
$9,462
$4,548
$4,914
Fall #2
4
$6,308
$3,032
Fellowship:  $10,000
$ -6,724 (Refund)

Spring #2
4
$6,308
$3,032
Fellowship:  $10,000
$ -6,724 (Refund)

Year 2 Totals
14
$22,078
$30,612
$ -8,534 (Refund)

Estimated
Program Total
32
$43,624
$37,812
$ 5,812

These rates are based on the 2020/2021 academic school year per credit rates minus fees. They do not take into account any annual tuition rate increases. Therefore, it would be safe to estimate that the high end of the net per credit tuition cost of this academic program after applying scholarships and stipends would be between $6,000-$8,000. You would receive a Secondary Teacher Certification with K-12 Chinese endorsement and a Master of Arts in Teaching and Curriculum.

Yu-Chen Kate Chen, MA, CHRS
Fiscal Officer
Project Coordinator
Confucius Institute at Michigan State University
Phone: 517-355-3778
http://www.education.msu.edu/cimsu/