How to write great papers in less time
Due to the high demand now also for US time zones!
6-weeks online course
We will meet weekly, Fridays 6pm -9pm (UTC) (see time converter https://www.timeanddate.com) via zoom.
Dates:
December 4th,11th, 18th, 2020
January 8th, 15th, 22nd, 2021

If you cannot participate in the live workshop you will get access to the zoom recording.
Register: https://elopage.com/s/sichtmann/academicwriting02

With this course you will boost and improve your writing output!

  *   You will learn how to use your writing time more effectively.
  *   You will write better papers in a shorter period of time.
  *   You will learn how to easily get over procrastination.
  *   You will get to know techniques how to deal with literature more efficiently.
  *   You will get insights into the review process of top journals and get templates how to respond to their reviews.
with the ultimate goal to get published in top journals!
The focus is on the process of writing rather than the product (i.e. the research). This workshop is not a “How-to-publish”-workshop but focuses on key competences to be a better writer.

About the instructor Christina Sichtmann
[https://elopay-me-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/covers/files/000/335/563/original/20151110-_MG_6645.jpg?1604154482]

Associate Professor of International Marketing at the University of Vienna.

I have extensive publication experience in top journals such as Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of International Marketing, etc. As a former Associate Editor of International Marketing Review and reviewer of hundreds of papers I can provide behind-the-scenes insights into the review process.

My podcast is the no.1 podcast on Academic Writing in the German speaking community! I combine my academic knowledge with creative writing techniques to help researchers improving their writing output.

What will we do in the course?
✦ The course includes six 3-hour online workshops via zoom.
✦ You will get hands-on with lots of helpful writing tools to improve your writing skills and speed up your writing.
✦ You will work on your own project and make good progress on it in and between the sessions.
✦ We will do lots of exercises in the course so that you actually write for your project during the online workshop.
✦ You will get insights into the review process of top journals and get templates how to respond to their reviews.
✦ The course is very interactive. You will benefit from the exchange of ideas with researchers from all over the world.
✦ In-between sessions you will have time to integrate the learnings into your daily life.
Workshop 1: Establish a writing habit
December 4th, 2020
✦ Scientific writing strategies
✦ Planning your writing project
✦ Getting into a writing flow
✦ Writing behavior and infrastructure
Workshop 2: Find ideas and develop a vision
December 11th, 2020
✦ Collecting material
✦ The relevance of routines
✦ Challenges and assistance with your publication project
✦ Defining your goal and developing a vision
Workshop 3: Sharpen your research question
December 18th, 2020
✦ Set your travel destination
✦ What exactly? The definition of the research question
✦ Travel plan through the publication project: structure
✦ From research question to structure
Workshop 4: How to deal with literature more efficiently
January 8th, 2021
✦ Narrowing down and evaluating literature
✦ Interview with the text
✦ Managing literature more efficiently
✦ Paraphrasing literature
Workshop 5: Feedback and revision of your text
January 15th, 2021
✦ Levels of revision
✦ Constructive text feedback
✦ Feedback in the peer group
✦ Work-in-progress: feedback on your own raw text
Workshop 6: The review process
January 22nd, 2021
✦ Behind-the-scenes: What makes a good paper?
✦ Preparing and following-up the peer review process
✦ Revising a paper based on peer reviews: a practical example
Who?
The workshop is designed for researchers on all levels who want to reflect their own writing process.
The course is limited to 20 researchers.
Price
590,- Euro plus your local tax

Register: https://elopage.com/s/sichtmann/academicwriting02

After your booking you get an e-mail with a link to the virtual seminar room and further instructions.

I am looking forward to working with you!

All the best,

Christina Sichtmann

Prof. Dr. Christina Sichtmann
Lehrstuhl für Internationales Marketing
Universität Wien
Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Institut für Marketing & International Business
Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1
1090 Wien
Tel. +43 (1) 4277 - 38038 (direkt)
Tel. +43 (1) 4277 - 38032 (Sekretariat)