From: Mammalian Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Postdoc: Wildlife Genetics Purdue University
External Email - Exercise Caution
Note: I’m passing this along for Dr. DeWoody. Please contact him directly with any questions: [log in to unmask]

    A competitive postdoctoral assistantship is now available in Prof. Andrew DeWoody’s lab at Purdue University.  The position is available initially for one year but may be extended another year depending on progress, fit, and availability of funds.  Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning on 1 Nov 2020 and continue until the position is filled.  The position is available effective immediately, but there is some flexibility in start date.  Personnel in the lab use evolutionary genomic approaches to advance the conservation of many vertebrate species; the successful applicant will work on part of Indiana’s Integrated Deer Management Project including deer diet analyses via DNA barcoding, on coyote monitoring via DNA in scat samples, and/or on synthetic meta-analyses of population genomic datasets.  The deer and coyote data will be used to better understand predator/prey dynamics in Indiana and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to collaborate on the demographic modeling effort led by Dr. Rob Swihart. See URLs below for more info.

    Purdue University in general and our lab in particular does not discriminate with regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran.  We encourage applications from all interested parties; Purdue University is an Affirmative Action institution.  To apply, send an updated CV, available start date, and contact information for three references to Andrew via email (mailto:[log in to unmask]).

    https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dewoody/DeWoody/wordpress/

    https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dewoody/DeWoody/wordpress/?page_id=33

    https://www.facebook.com/DeWoodyLab

    https://ag.purdue.edu/fnr/researchindeer/

_____________________________________
Elizabeth A. Flaherty, Ph.D.
Certified Wildlife Biologist®
Associate Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Habitat Management
Department of Forestry and Natural Resources
Purdue University
195 Marsteller Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
765-494-3567 (phone)
Pronouns: she, her, hers
My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.