CAREER EXPO IS October 13, 8 DAYS AWAY!

Here is an overview of everything you need to know!!

CAREER EXPO Prep Week is this week!

On Monday, October 5 (TODAY) at 4:30 PM, join our "Navigating Handshake" Zoom session with MSU Career Consultant Randi Martinez and the CAREER EXPO Executive Board to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of Handshake and how to navigate their new career fair platform!

On Tuesday, October 6 at 4:30 PM, join our "Resume Help" Zoom session with SIRC Director Ms. Collins Hawks and her team to learn how to craft a proper resume, get help on your own resume, and ask any questions you might have!

On Wednesday, October 7 at 4:30 PM, join our "Employer Tips on Virtual Career Exploration" Zoom session with hospitality employers as they share advice, tips, and insights regarding interviews and career searching.

The link is the same for all 3 sessions:  https://msu.zoom.us/j/95116885714

On Thursday and Friday, send in your most updated resume to SIRC to be sorted by industry segment and sent to HB employers! Use this link: https://broad.msu.edu/hospitality-business/sirc/ and click on the green "Submit Resume" button in the top right corner of the page.

Also, don't forget to also upload your resume to Handshake using this link: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/users/5071204/documents so employers can see it when viewing your profile!

CAREER EXPO is on Tuesday, October 13!

Starting at 12:40, students will attend a keynote address from Aimbridge Hospitality President, Robert Burg.

Aimbridge Hospitality is the leading third-party hotel management company, operating a portfolio of more than 1,400 independent and branded properties such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, located across the U.S., the Caribbean, and 20 other countries. It was also one of the first companies to aid essential workers during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Zoom webinar link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/93995665165?pwd=c1hQYTc0U0MrNGIwTm9Mdkp1RVZ4QT09

From 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM on Handshake, students have the opportunity to attend informational group sessions hosted by companies, which will allow you to research and learn more about a specific company and their culture to see if you are a good fit. They will also answer any general questions about the company and recruiting opportunities. Sign up ahead of time to secure a spot!

Then, from 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM on Handshake, students will attend one-on-one sessions with individual recruiters. These 10-minute sessions give you the opportunity to engage with recruiters in a more personal setting. If the employer is hiring, please make sure you meet the requirements before signing up. If they are not hiring, any student may sign up to network and chat with the recruiter. Sign up ahead of time to secure a spot - they're filling up quickly! PS a few employers did not follow instructions, so there are some sessions before 4:30 PM.

Remember: you need a Handshake account to be able to attend CAREER EXPO! Follow this link to register for an account using your MSU NetID and password: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/login

Once you have created an Handshake account, you can attend CAREER EXPO by clicking on the following link and signing up ahead of time for corporate Open House Information Sessions and one-on-one meetings with companies.  You can also sign up for anything up until one minute before a presentation or one on one if there are still spots available. link: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/19504/student_previewtoken=NXk7SjGzeNjAeq5x9wln2kDcXQDVniSnOnwl47l_7c5pDySEIrZtbw

If you have any questions or concerns regarding CAREER EXPO, please reach out to your CAREER EXPO Student Coordinator or SIRC. We look forward to seeing you TONIGHT at 4:30 PM for our Handshake Overview and help session.

Lauren Green

The School of Hospitality Business

Michigan State University - 2021

CAREER EXPO XLII Executive Director

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: (802) 535-2756

SIRC: (517) 353-9747

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?

Spartans Will.

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Owen Hall Room 130

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824