Dear Colleagues,

I wish to share with you UNCTAD’s latest assessment of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global investment in the October edition of our Global Investment Trends Monitor.

·         Developed economies saw the biggest fall, with a decline of 75% compared to 2019. Inflows into Europe were negative, flows to North America fell by 56%.

The next edition of the Global Investment Trends Monitor is scheduled for January 2021.

Please find the latest issue of the Global Investment Trends Monitor and UNCTAD’s Investment Policy Monitor.

Best regards,

James X. Zhan

Director, Investment and Enterprise
Lead, World Investment Report
United Nations Conference on Trade & Development
Palais des Nations, Geneva

https://worldinvestmentreport.unctad.org/
worldinvestmentforum.unctad.org
investmentpolicyhub.unctad.org