Virtual Professional Development in International Business India | December 15-20, 2020

Good Afternoon Faculty,

We are excited to announce that we have 10 new spots open for full funding for this year’s Virtual Professional Development in International Business.

Attendees for this year’s Virtual PDIB India program will be considered for funding opportunities for our next in person PDIB for India in 2021.

To apply for funding we ask for the following:

  1. Register for the program. (Registration button listed below in this email).
  2. A letter of support from your Department Chair or Dean.
  3. A write up explaining your interest in the program and how you plan to utilize the knowledge/experience obtained through the PDIB India program. i.e. Would you use it in your classroom? Would the information be used in research? Do you plan to network for research purposes or perhaps for future collaborations such as COIL?
  4. Deliverables: If funded we ask that a report be provided on your experience and information on how the knowledge was applied.
  5. A CV

Join us for a 5-day virtual journey of discovery through India on the CIBER at FIU Business inaugural virtual PDIB (Professional Development in International Business) program. This program is specially designed for faculty, doctoral students and professionals interested in developing a greater understanding of the complexities of doing business in one of the world’s largest emerging markets. We will investigate the intricacies of navigating business post COVID-19. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from and connect with top executives from several industries across the cities of Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. There will be opportunities to speak and network with faculty from leading academic institutions. Learn about Indian business, culture and delicious cuisine and marvel at the Taj Mahal as you are transported through history on a virtual cultural tour.

How does a Virtual PDIB work?

Participants will log in for one hour each day for real-time interactive presentations from industry leaders and faculty throughout India. There will be opportunities to learn about Indian culture and cuisine as well as accompany a tour operator on cultural visits to historical sites such as the Taj Mahal and Elephanta Caves.

Benefits of joining a PDIB

·    Gain access to major players across industries in several cities in India.

·    Connect with faculty in India and around the globe and make connections for future research collaboration.

·    Bring new knowledge into the classroom.

·    Gather additional international experience while learning about the innovative ways that companies are operating in during these unprecedented times.

Cities virtually visited: Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi

Dates: December 15-20, 2020

Program fee: $320

Deadline to register: October 16, 2020 at 5 p.m.

Share with your friends:
FacebookLinkedinTwitter