From: Zipkin, Elise <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: (Please distribute) Assistant Professor of Environmental & Conservation Biology, Hampden-Sydney College

From: Rachel Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:13 AM
To: Rachel Goodman <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

I would appreciate your help in distributing the attached job ad to any recent graduates and ABD doctoral candidates who are passionate about teaching and research with undergraduates.  Hampden-Sydney College is hiring a full time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Environmental & Conservation Biology. Our primary role is teaching in small groups and classes, and we have an active summer research program that provides housing and support for students conducting research with faculty.

 All sub-disciplines are welcome including Conservation Biology, Aquatic Ecology, Microbial Ecology, Sustainability, Spatial Ecology and Geoinformatics, and Ecosystem Science and Management. In 2022, lab space will be in a new $40 million science building that includes growth chambers and a vivarium complex. Our current resources include a greenhouse and 1300 acres of woods, streams, ponds, and fields.

Please contact me if you have any questions.  I am grateful for your help in recruiting applicants.

Best regards,

Dr. Rachel Goodman

Elliott Associate Professor & Chair of Biology Department

Hampden-Sydney College, VA