From: Sophia Bennani-Smires <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 8:51 AM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Remote learning opportunities for your students

Dear Dr. Schneider,
My name is Sophia and I am writing to you about the remote internships and online courses our research NGO Para La Tierra is offering current students.
Fundación Para La Tierra is an independent scientific research institute based in Paraguay, and has been offering research internships to university students for the past 10 years. Over 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students from across the world have conducted independent research projects on-site with us in Paraguay.
With travel restrictions in place due to the international response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we know that many student’s plans have been interrupted and believe that taking part in remote learning opportunities is a great way to adapt. During these difficult times, we are dedicated to continuing our mission to inspire passionate students to pursue careers in environmental research, conservation, or education. For this very reason, Para La Tierra is offering Remote Internships and Online Courses on a variety of scientific and environmental topics.
-        Remote internships are a great opportunity for students to learn data collection, analysis and write-up skills remotely,  by working with real databases and receiving  expert guidance from scientists in the field
-        Online courses provide an opportunity for students to expand their knowledge on a scientific topic by learning and interacting with experts in their field through one-on-one lessons, video lectures, and activities
If you believe that these remote opportunities would be of interest to your students, please find attached an information booklet to share with your network. I am also available to Skype at your convenience to provide more details or discuss how PLT might be able to adjust our offerings to better suit your students.
To learn more about our organization as a whole and the experiences we normally offer students that visit us in Paraguay, please have a look through our website paralatierra.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/ec2-52-26-194-35.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/x/d?c=8819567&l=1a43aead-3e10-4dcd-86f9-9378293245c3&r=04df4c24-6c44-4ff8-b0bd-b1359792ec99__;!!HXCxUKc!hc5hopu11X6aBLpwizfp13-GqJAUHwiuW_Pshh01bDO46q9YitBwhib-hBPeFmzBqA$>.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are interested in discussing the specific recruiting needs at Michigan State University.
All the best,
Sophia

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
---
Sophia Bennani-Smires
Head of Operations
Fundación Para La Tierra
Paraguay
www.paralatierra.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/ec2-52-26-194-35.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/x/d?c=8819567&l=1a43aead-3e10-4dcd-86f9-9378293245c3&r=04df4c24-6c44-4ff8-b0bd-b1359792ec99__;!!HXCxUKc!hc5hopu11X6aBLpwizfp13-GqJAUHwiuW_Pshh01bDO46q9YitBwhib-hBPeFmzBqA$>

+33 6 44 16 20 62
[http://ec2-52-26-194-35.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/8qgP5gV7y27zzReOgfR4JVAvEVFJ5uZXxhjTM7KdwmFgbYq-G8f5IWN0OSqEdnW4nqiraFKsMJgq6dRtluQbq3ri2SU1GRZjQhHfvL9XqFnsxoY63R0Z8mq4ENAmnwsNn1VzrcCG-zCel5xHeZOhDQfxnWyN5j7]