We are happy to announce some exciting structural and process changes to AIB Insights, a primary publication outlet for short (2500 words), applied articles that provide "Actionable International Business Insights". These upgrades will improve our review process and greatly increase exposure of articles and our journal.

Inaugural Editorial Board

First, we have established an inaugural Editorial Board of outstanding scholars to help guide the journal in its evolution.

https://insights.aib.world/editorial-board

New Submission and Online Publication System

Second, in cooperation with Scholastica, we have a new submission and online publication system, which will provide a more user-friendly interface and updated look. AIB Insights articles will now be published online ahead of their assigned issue (see https://insights.aib.world/articles), which will mean quicker time to publication and increased visibility for articles. Additionally, all AIB Insights articles will now have 100-word abstracts and keywords to increase digital searchability. Scholastica will use these new features to automatically index AIB Insights with Google Scholar and also to automate Digital Object Identifier (DOI) registration with Crossref in an Open Access format. These new features enable searchability on prominent article databases and will dramatically increase exposure of AIB Insights articles.

Please check out the new journal site, both for uploading new submissions and reading published articles, here:

https://insights.aib.world/

Peer-Review Process

Third, we now employ a peer-review process, which began with the 2020 3rd Quarter special issue on “COVID-19 and International Business.” In addition to independent submissions, which are always welcome (see https://insights.aib.world/for-authors), we have calls for papers for two open special issues, on "IB Research Methods" and "Engaging with Oceania" (see https://insights.aib.world/posts).

New Issue and Issue Archive on New Platform

Fourth, we are happy to announce the first issue published on the new platform, focused on "Responsibilities of Educators in International Business." This issue was developed in cooperation with the AIB Teaching and Education Shared Interest Group and the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education (CUIBE). Insights in these eight articles help us to better understand the responsibilities of educators in international business, while also prescribing actions we can pursue to achieve this important goal. You can view this issue here:

https://insights.aib.world/issue/2255

Lastly, we are adding abstracts and keywords to previously published AIB Insights articles to provide past articles with the same digital searchability features as all of our new articles. Please look for these articles to be added to the new site by the end of 2020.

John Mezias, AIB Insights Editor

William Newburry, AIB Insights Associate Editor

Anne Hoekman, AIB Insights Managing Editor