Hello Hospitality Business Students,

We are so excited to introduce to you the 2020-2021 Hospitality Association Executive Board!

Brendan Connolly will be serving as our Chief Executive Officer for the upcoming year. Brendan is a senior and will be graduating in May 2021. He formerly held the role of President of SHFM and Director of the Heart of House for Les Gourmets. He has a passion for fine dining and hopes to open his own high end restaurant group in the future.

Rachel Powell will be serving as our Chief Operating Officer for the upcoming year and is also a senior, graduating in May 2021. She has amassed a wealth of experience through leadership roles in CMAA, SHFM, Les Gourmets and EXPO. With minors in Environmental and Sustainable Studies, Leadership of Organizations, and Natural Resource and Recreation Management, she hopes her future will involve sustainable travel and tourism, connecting people and nature, while surrounded in a luxury resort environment.

Vinh Le will be serving as our Chief Financial Officer for the upcoming year. He is also a senior, graduating in May 2021. At the same time, He is an undergrad researcher with his friend Tina, Dr. Knutson and Dr. Kim. His research project is sponsored by Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management (SHFM). His team will be attending the 2020 SHFM National Conference in Baltimore as invited guests, and the research project will be presented at 2021 SHFM National Conference in Florida. He looks forward to seeing all of his fellow Spartans at MSU.

Stephanie Juriga will be serving as our Director of Events for the upcoming year. She is also a senior, graduating in May 2021. Last year, Stephanie served as the Director of Meetings for MEC. This year, in addition to HA, she has taken on the positions of CFO for MEC and Director of Social Media for CAREER EXPO. After graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in event sales.

Shawn Gabriel will be serving as our Director of Fundraising and Philanthropy for the upcoming year. She is also a senior, graduating in May 2021. In the past Shawn has served as the Director of Events and Director of Fundraising and Philanthropy for MEC. This year, in addition to HA, she will be serving as the Director of Events for MEC and Director of Ambassadors for CAREER EXPO.

Zachary Crawford will be serving as our Director of Communications for the upcoming year. He is a sophomore, graduating in May 2023. Last year he served as the Director of Marketing for HA and Assistant Director of Reception for Les Gourmets.This year he will also serve as Director of Human Resources for Les Gourmets, Director of Events for AHLA and Assistant Director of Industry Registration for Career Expo. After graduation, he hopes to pursue a career in Hotel Operations and one day own and operate a hotel of his own.

Jordan Kelley will be serving as our Director of Marketing for the upcoming year. She is also a senior, graduating in May 2021. Last year, Jordan served as the Director of Meetings for MEC and the Assistant Director of Professional Development Programs for CAREER EXPO. This year, in addition to HA, she has taken on the positions of President for MEC and Director of Professional Development Programs for CAREER EXPO. After graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in corporate event planning.

We are incredibly excited to kick off the 2020-2021 school year and it is quickly approaching! We know this year will look very different in light of everything going on, but we are working to create a safe and positive experience for The School of Hospitality Business students. We are actively planning ways to adapt to the current situation while still providing all that HA has to offer! We are here as a resource for you, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any ideas, questions or concerns you have about the upcoming school year. We will answer all questions you have to the very best of our ability and continually update you as we learn more information about the school year. We look forward to seeing you back on campus soon; until then, we wish you good health and safety. Go Green!

Hospitality Association Executive Board

Brendan, Rachel, Vinh, Jordan, Shawn, Stephanie, and Zach

The School of Hospitality Business

Michigan State University

https://hamsu.weebly.com/

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?

SPARTANS WILL.

Student and Industry Resource Center - "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Owen Hall Room 130

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824