AIB 2020 Online Local Track Showcase Panel
Date:  07/07/2020
Time: 11pm (UTC) / 7pm (EST)
ID:  2919

Title: De-globalization, slowbalization, and regionalization

The nature of international business (IB) is undergoing a tectonic shift. With increasing anti-globalization sentiment around the world, the prevailing perspective of the past three decades-globalization-is in jeopardy resulting in the retreat of multinational corporations. Indeed, various forms of international interactions are shrinking relative to world GDP, including FDI and trade. This new era of global sluggishness, or "slowbalization," is influencing every aspect of IB with growing geographical fragmentation and deeper links within regional blocs. Our local track, and accompanying showcase panel, speaks to one of the most essential and timely conversations of the day regarding the changing dynamics of IB. We look forward to an engaging conversation advancing our understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the era of de-globalization, slowbalization, and regionalization.

Chair(s): Curba Lampert, Florida International University, USA
                Minyoung Kim, University of Kansas, USA

Panelists: Alain Verbeke, University of Calgary, Canada
                 Sharon Alvarez, University of Pittsburgh, USA
                 Francisco Polidoro, Jr., The University of Texas at Austin, USA

Curba Morris Lampert, Ph.D. | Associate Professor
Department of International Business
MANGO 445 | 305-348-4929
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Curba.Lampert.fiu.edu<https://business.fiu.edu/faculty/expert-guides.cfm?FlagDirectory=Display&Emp=morrislampc>
FIU | MMC | 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33199

[FIU College of Business]<https://business.fiu.edu/>

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.