Dear AIB Colleagues:

I have invited several guest speakers to my Ph.D. course, and two of them do really cool things.

I thought their experiences and insights would be of interest to the larger IB community, so I got their permission to invite more people.

Join us.

Both this Friday, July 10.

Middlesex University, UK

. The author of the Harzing Journal Quality List

. The creator of the Publish or Perish software

. Author of more than 160 books, book chapters, and academic papers

Web: harzing.com

Topic: Why the way we measure research productivity and impact is not perfect and how it can be done better

Friday, July 10, 10 am EST

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U_I-jriIST-QfK8DHoTbOQ

University of Maryland, moving to Stanford University, USA

. Author of the Cultural Looseness/Tightness theory

. Recipient of dozens of research grants totaling several million

. Decades of research collaboration with the FBI, the US Army, Airforce, Navy

Web: michelegelfand.com

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_J._Gelfand

Topic: How to invent a theory, How to get research grants, How to do research in collaboration with the military and government agencies

Friday, July 10, 3 pm EST

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dWkBL6QpQD-5EQklMjo9Kg

If you live in a “publish-or-perish” world where research productivity and research grants matter, join us. You will learn a lot.

Vas