Dear AIB members:

I am very excited to bring my AIB conference paper to your attention:
Managing Knowledge Integration in Global Production Systems
Ekaterina Turkina, Ari Van Assche, Ram Mudambi

https://portalapp.aib.eventsair.com/VirtualAttendeePortal/test-aib-2020/online/

This paperis based on a unique dataset, and longitudinally tracks the manner in which global value chains in the global aero engine industry have been changing over time. We build on the systems integration literature, and hypothesize that lead firms’ orchestration of GVCs displays three fundamental characteristics: (a) a wider technological scope beyond that of in-house firm activities; (b) disproportionate specialization in basic science & technology; and (c) a large extent of co-invention across countries.

In addition, we use a novel networking approach to track the characteristics of manufacturing systems, demonstrating extremely strong patterns of increased global integration over time.

We hope you will watch our presentation and look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Ram
-----
Ram Mudambi
Frank M. Speakman Professor of Strategy
Fox School of Business, Temple University
Philadelphia PA 19122, USA
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Cs5-OYYAAAAJ&hl=en
Fellow of the Academy of International Business (AIB)
Fellow of the European International Business Academy (EIBA)

Co-Editor, Global Strategy Journal (SMS)
Area Editor, Journal of International Business Policy (AIB)