Dear Colleagues:
You are warmly welcomed to take part in a webinar on The Future of International Business Teaching: Content and Methods in a post COVID-19 World this Wednesday, June 10th at 10am US East Cost Time/ 16:00 Central Europe Time. The webinar is organized by the Academy of Management’s International Management Division.  We hope many of you will decide to join to discuss this theme which is affecting all of us.  There will be ample opportunity to ask questions. Best wishes, Carl

IM Division Webinar Series

The Future of International Business Teaching: Content and Methods in a post COVID-19 World

Carl Fey, Professor, Aalto University School of Business

Sri Zaheer, Dean, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota

Harry Lane, Professor, D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University

Andreas Schotter, Associate Professor, Ivey School of Business, Western University

June 10th at 10am US East Coast time, 8:00am US Mountain time, 11:00 Brazil time (BRT); 15:00 UK time, 16:00 Central European Time, 19:30 Indian Time, 22:00 Chinese time

COVID-19 has quickly changed the way business schools work at least short-term. The important questions which we now need to turn our attention to are (A) what content, (B) what teaching methods, and (C) what program designs should business schools use/cover post COVID-19 to thrive? More specifically, during the webinar we will explore from the panelists’ perspective if the content we teach in international business courses will stay the same? We will also consider if there are limits of international business and how will we recommend that firms design their global value chains in the future? As emerging markets like China, which are less well-known to many and quickly growing in economic importance should business schools increase the amount we teach about doing business in China and other emerging markets as part of programs? We will also discuss what teaching methods have so far proven most successful for on-line courses/components of courses. Further, we will discuss how to best develop the ability to use these methods effectively? We will also discuss if many more on-line or blended programs will emerge or if most programs will return to being face to face. We will also explore if student makeup will remain as international as it has been in many business schools and if exchange programs and other international experience elements of programs will retain their previous importance. We will discuss these and many other questions as part of this webinar. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions. If you have any questions, please contact [log in to unmask].

To join the webinar in zoom go to:

https://aalto.zoom.us/j/63856543023

Meeting ID: 638 5654 3023

To join via phone go to:

One tap mobile, +358942451488,,63856543023# or Dial by your location +358 9 4245 1488 Finland +1 408 652 8184 US (San Jose) +1 929 436 2866 US (New York) For other locations find your local number at: https://aalto.zoom.us/u/cb027hUXYn

Dr. Carl F. Fey

Professor of International Business

International Business Unit

Aalto University School of Business

Helsinki, Finland

Tel. +358-50-408-1070

skype: carlfey

wechat: carlfey

Deputy Editor, Management and Organization Review