Tenure Track position in Sustainable International Business
At the University of Vaasa we have an open mind and we want to build a sustainable future. We are a university that invests in high-quality research and teaching and takes on the challenges of our time. We educate responsible and internationally-oriented leaders and experts. We are known for the high quality of our education and our inspiring teachers. At the core of our university is a high level of expertise in business studies, technology, administrative sciences and communication. The discipline-specific research is complemented by our phenomenon-based research platforms.
We are now inviting applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor (Tenure Track) in Sustainable International Business. For the successful applicant this position offers an excellent opportunity to build a multifaceted academic career in a dynamic and international environment.
Job description and requirements
We are looking for candidates who have evidence of academic research and interest in research in the subject area of international business. We are particularly interested in applicants whose research interests focus on dynamics, trends, drivers, and challenges in international business from sustainable development and (corporate) responsibility perspectives. The expected areas of expertise and interest ideally include, but are not limited to, the following:

  *   Social responsibility of multinational enterprises
  *   Sustainable global value chains
  *   Circular economy and international business
  *   Global market creation for sustainable product and service concepts
We value applicants' experience in any of the areas above. Additionally, in the selection process, we emphasize the applicants' plan to focus future research on one/some of the above subject areas. Experience and/or interest in the utilization of data analytics and AI in data analysis will be considered a merit.
Applicants are required to have an applicable doctoral degree together with, excellent academic merit as well as evidence of the potential to produce high quality research and evidence of good quality teaching or the potential to provide it.
The Tenure Track position is research-orientated, but the appointed person will also acquire external funding, deliver high-quality teaching and theses supervision, actively participate in activities within the scientific community and university administration, as well as create societal impact through their work. The duities in teaching and supervision are related to the study programmes in International Business. The scope of responsibilities is determined according to the career stage of the successful candidate and agreed in more detail in the Annual Work Plan.
Please see the complete appointment plan for further information regarding the position, requirements and appointment procedure :

  *   In Finnish<https://www.univaasa.fi/fi/rekry/hakuprosessi/yliopistoura/particulars/tenure_track-tehtava-kestava_kansainvalinen_liiketoiminta/>
  *   In English<https://www.univaasa.fi/en/rekry/hakuprosessi/yliopistoura/particulars/tenure_track-tehtava-kestava_kansainvalinen_liiketoiminta/>
The position is located in the School of Marketing and Communication in the discipline of International Business. The research will be connected to one the university's three multidisciplinary research platforms. The subject areas of the research platforms are: Energy and sustainable development, Digital economy, and Innovation and entrepreneurship. More information:

  *   School of Marketing and Communication<https://www.univaasa.fi/en/university/organisation-and-management/school-marketing-and-communication>
  *   Research platform/vebic<https://www.univaasa.fi/en/sites/vebic/>
  *   Research platform/digital economy<https://www.univaasa.fi/en/sites/digitaleconomy/>
  *   Research platform/innolab<https://www.univaasa.fi/en/sites/innolab/>
Applications
Applications are submitted using the university's own electronic form (See the 'Submit an application' button below). In order for applications to be processed, the application form must be filled out and the enclosures listed in the appointment plan, must be attached to it. The application period is open until midnight (Finnish time, GMT +3hrs)  18.8.2020.
Further information

  *   The position will be filled fixed-term primarily as Assistant or Associate Professor under the tenure track system. Applicants for a permanent position of Professor may also be considered. The level of appointment depends on the merits and career stage of the applicant. Further information on the University of Vaasa's tenure track procedure: https://www.univaasa.fi/en/rekry/hakuprosessi/yliopistoura/
  *   Employment is subject to a trial period of 6 months.
  *   For employees moving to Finland from abroad, relocation services are available.
Further information about the position:

  *   Pirjo Laaksonen, Dean, School of Marketing and Communication, tel. +358 29 449 8460, e-mail: pirjo.laaksonen(a)univaasa.fi
  *   Kaisu Piirainen, Vice-Director, Faculty and Management Services, tel. +358 29 449 8428, email: kaisu.piirainen(a)univaasa.fi
  *   Inquiries about the online application system may be directed to: careers(a)univaasa.fi
Due to the summer holiday season, there may be delays in replies.
****************
Working with us
The 5,000 students and 500 employees of the University of Vaasa thrive on the most beautiful campus in Finland, located at the seaside. Our university community is international: we come from 80 countries. Our vibrant campus enables networking as part of a close-knit work community. As an employer we invest in the well-being of our personnel by offering flexible working hours, extensive occupational healthcare, as well as opportunities for training and competence development. We recognise and reward personnel in a number of ways, including financial rewards for publications of high classification.  We have been awarded the HR Excellence in Research recognition. More about  us:  www.univaasa.fi/en/rekry/<http://www.univaasa.fi/en/rekry/>.
City of Vaasa
The coastal city of Vaasa is a trendy and international centre of culture, education and tourism in Western Finland, with nearly 70,000 inhabitants. Vaasa is host to the Nordic countries' most significant centre of excellence in sustainable technology and energy solutions. Its leading exporters' and subcontractors' accumulated turnover of more than EUR 5billion accounts for 30% of Finland's energy technology exports and employs 12,000 experts.
Application period starts: 2020-06-26 09:00
Application period ends: 2020-08-18 23:59
LEAVE AN APPLICATION<https://uva.rekrytointi.com/paikat/?o=A_A&jid=454&rspvt=mejpfiky7uo4o0kswsgc000sgsgw4g4#login_form>
Link to the job: https://uva.rekrytointi.com/paikat/index.php?o=A_RJ&jid=454

<https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?t=Tenure+Track+position+in+Sustainable+International+Business&u=https%3A%2F%2Fuva.rekrytointi.com%2Fpaikat%2Findex.php%3Fjid%3D454%26o%3DA_RJ%26lang%3Den>

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]