JIBS Editorial on International HRM for Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic: Implications for Future Research and Practice https://rdcu.be/b4An0

The field of IB has long accounted for the challenges associated with remote work. From the lens of IB generally, and international HRM specifically, we can recast the issues emerging from the current COVID-19 pandemic in terms of the existing academic knowledge base. We believe that our accumulated body of knowledge in IHRM is particularly useful for HR managers today, as they face new challenges and difficult decisions during this pandemic.

The insights we have outlined in this Editorial could serve to guide senior MNE managers in HRM and beyond as they address novel, people-related challenges in their organizations.  However, the pandemic has also highlighted some gaps in our research: answers to questions we wish we had in the academic literature but, to date, do not.  Looking ahead, we offer three domains for future IHRM research: managing under uncertainty, facilitating international and even global work, and redefining organizational performance.

Hope you find it interesting

Dana Minbaeva (on behalf of Paula Caligiuri, Helen De Cieri, Alain Verbeke and Angelika Zimmermann)