Hospitality Students,

I am excited to share with you that our first Professional Development Program for the SIRC Summer Series will be on luxury hotels!

Below are details and a Zoom link to connect!

Mark your calendars for tomorrow at 3:00pm. I expect all of you to attend. I am taking attendance! 😊

International Students you are excused from viewing this session live.

We will record the session for you to view later so you do not have to get up at 3:00am!

I look forward to connecting with all of you soon!

Ms Collins Hawks

Authella Collins Hawks, M.Ed.

Director

Student and Industry Resource Center “SIRC”

The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

Eppley Center

667 N. Shaw Lane, Room 227

East Lansing, MI 48824-1121

Phone: (517) 353-9747 * Fax: (517) 432-1170

www.hospitalitybusiness.broad.msu.edu/

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?

SPARTANS WILL.

SIRC Summer Series is Here!

First Session: Luxury Hotels, 3:00pm, Wednesday, May 20, 2020!

​Dear Hospitality Students,

Please join us on Zoom on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, from 3:00 PM to 4:00PM for our first SIRC Summer Series on Luxury Hotels!

Alumni and industry professionals ​Aaron Ide - Resort Manager, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore in California and Jennifer Lodge - Senior Vice President, Forbes Travel Guide.

This is a great opportunity to learn more about hotels, various departments, job roles and issues facing Luxury Hotels. We will also discuss what it takes to obtain a 5 Star Luxury Hotel property rating

Please follow the link below on Wednesday to be a part of the fun!

Join Zoom Meeting

https://msu.zoom.us/j/94101613983

Email SIRC with any questions! [log in to unmask]

OUR GUESTS

Jennifer Lodge

SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT - PARTNER SERVICES - THE AMERICAS

Before managing relationships for Forbes Travel Guide in the Midwest and Western regions of the U.S., Jennifer Lodge held various roles in the company, including facility inspector, trainer and vice president of consulting operations.

Prior to joining Forbes Travel Guide, Lodge founded and owned The Professional Guest, a performance evaluation company that specialized in building repeat hotel business through an enhanced guest experience. She also previously worked for Marriott, where she helped open new properties throughout Southern California and Arizona. Lodge was nationally recognized as Marriott's Sales Person of the Year.

She earned her degree in hotel, restaurant and institutional management from Michigan State University's school of business and traces her passion for the industry back more than 30 years, when she worked as a room attendant at a property along the shores of Lake Michigan.

Aaron Ide

RESORT MANAGER - FOUR SEASONS RESORT THE BILTMORE - SANTA BARBARA , CALIFORNIA

Aaron Ide is a member of The School of Hospitality Business Alumni Board. He has served in several executive level management positions with the Four Seasons in Boston, New York and most recently as Resort Manager in California. All properties are Forbes 5 Star and AAA 5 Diamond properties.

Aaron has also held a number of executive level management positions at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, a Hilton owned property. Through his leadership, Aaron made it possible for students from The School of Hospitality Business at MSU to stay at the Waldorf Astoria during their annual trip to New York. He also arranged executive briefings and tours of the Waldorf, including the Presidential  Suite!

Aaron is also a proud graduate of The School of Hospitality Business at MSU!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO LEARNING MORE FROM OUR GUESTS!

Student and Industry Resource Center - "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

667 N Shaw Lane, Eppley Center, Room 228

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170

https://broad.msu.edu/hospitality-business/