You might remember that INFAS is partnering with the Intertribal Agriculture Council on this fellows program, in an expanded version of our earlier INFAS fellows program with HBCUs.   IAC is selecting and funding five fellows. Additional qualified fellows could join if they or we are able to identify addition funding for them.

INFAS will be providing academic mentors, who will also be learning from the fellows and our IAC partners.    My friend and colleague Melvin Arthur is managing this program with me, from the INFAS side, and will hosting/facilitating an online “course” for all the fellows and mentors, in addition to supporting the individual mentor-mentee pairs.

IAC has invited INFAS to help circulate this fellowship opportunity to any Native American graduate students we know of who might be interested. Applications are due May 29th.

Also, if you already know that you might be interested in being a mentor, please contact Melvin ([log in to unmask]) and myself at any time. We’ll be doing more formal outreach for this once we know who the fellows are.   Melvin and I will also be inviting Native American faculty in food systems to join INFAS in general, including to potentially also become mentors in this program. Please send any recommendations of such faculty to us.

Christine
Christine M. Porter
Associate Professor, Wyoming Excellence Chair in Community & Public Health
Division of Kinesiology & Health, University of Wyoming
117 Corbett Hall (office)
1000 E. University Ave, Dept 3196, Laramie, WY 82071(mail)
Tel: 307-766-2143          Fax: 307-766-4098
www.fooddignity.org & www.growingresilience.org