We have an awesome new program to share with your students who may be feeling extra stress, a need for better coping skills, or a mood boost – a free session with a Certified Personal Trainer through the ACTIVE Spartans Virtual Exercise Prescription (VEP). Please share with your students, and feel free to email [log in to unmask] with any questions.  Detail below:

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to share a new offering for students to help them begin and/or maintain a physically active lifestyle, ACTIVE Spartans Virtual Exercise Prescription (VEP). With VEP a specific exercise routine will be designed based off the students current space, equipment availability and fitness level. This is a free opportunity for students and no referral is needed. You can just send them to our website, to learn more and register, https://healthpromotion.msu.edu/fitness/index.html.

Due to COVID-19, our ACTIVE Spartans Physical Activity Mentor Program is suspended at this time, we hope VEP can fill that void. This opportunity can provide support for students who are engaging in exercise for the first time, redefining what a healthy relationship with exercise looks like or using exercise to improve your mood, stress management, or coping skills.

Kristin Traskie, MPH, ACSM-CPT, NBC-HWC, CHWP

Fitness & Wellness Programs Coordinator

Health Promotion Department

Michigan State University

Student Health Services at Olin Health Center

463 E. Circle Drive, Room B20

East Lansing, MI 48824

517-353-7868

Student and Industry Resource Center - "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

667 N Shaw Lane, Eppley Center, Room 228

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170

https://broad.msu.edu/hospitality-business/

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?