From: Blair, Denice <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Visitor Studies Association proposals due Dec. 5

Dear Informal Learning Network members:

University Outreach and Engagement's Miles McNall recently met with Lindsay Maldonado, director for research and evaluation of the Shedd Aquarium, who asked that we share information about the upcoming conference of the Visitor Studies Association (VSA) being held in Detroit in June. The VSA describes itself as a "premier professional organization focusing on all facets of the visitor experience in museums, zoos, nature centers, visitor centers, historic sites, parks and other informal learning settings ... committed to understanding and enhancing visitor experiences in informal learning settings through research, evaluation, and dialogue."

The information is as follows:

Join us in Detroit, Michigan, July 10-13, 2019, for the next conference! This year's Visitor Studies Association conference will focus on ways of knowing. From research to evaluation, to facilitation and everything in between, we are tasked with answering questions, big and small, searching for meaning in a variety of ways and through a wide range of approaches. In this spirit, we invite longtime members, those new to the field, and other informal learning professionals to consider the epistemologies that guide our work, and how ways of knowing are expressed in our practice. We strongly encourage proposals that examine varied perspectives on the design, implementation, and use of visitor studies, as well as those that investigate questions that will push the boundaries of our field. To learn more about VSA and the conference, see:  https://visa.memberclicks.net/conferencemain.

The call for session proposals can be found at: https://www.visitorstudies.org/2019-call-for-session-proposals. We are also looking for workshop presenters. More information about workshops can be found at: https://www.visitorstudies.org/2019-call-for-workshop-presentations. Proposals for sessions and workshops are due next Wednesday, December 5th.

If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Maldonado at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or (312) 692-2705.

From Burt Bargerstock

ILN-MSU Advisory Group Member