Geology Field Instructors:

Thank you all for your continued engagement and commitment to designing remote field geology.

The Designing Remote Geology Field Learning community is moving to a central work space supported by the National Association for Geoscience Teachers (NAGT).  Thank you, NAGT!

A follow-up webinar meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 30, at 12:00pm EDT.  The purpose of this meeting is to launch disciplinary working groups to continue the effort to design remote geology field experiences.  The link and information to connect to the webinar is included below.

This will be the last announcement made outside of the working group. All future communications will be sent through the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> listserv.  Those of you who have signed up on the recent spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vuxe22ZOqWBvDObayUQ4_eKsmgrkXYtbMfccWmNFl18/edit?usp=sharing> have already been added to this listserv. The spreadsheet is now “view only”.  So, if you have not signed up on the spreadsheet, you may sign-up for the listserv when completing the working group form below.

It’s time to collaborate!  Using the link below, you can view the current working group topics based on information from the spreadsheet, and sign up to participate in one or more of the working groups.  Even if you have added your information to the spreadsheet, we are asking everyone to complete the form below so we can populate the working groups.

Monday’s webinar will discuss how to move this work forward through the NAGT working groups.  A message will be sent out tomorrow (Friday) morning through the nagt-field listserv with instructions. If you do not receive that message by 5:00pm EDT, check your spam filters first, then contact me.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.  Please share this information with your colleagues.

Thank you,
Chris

To express interest in working groups and sign up the nagt-field listerv:
https://nagt.org/nagt/teaching_resources/field/field_working_group_sign_up.html

To connect to the follow-up webinar on Monday, March 30, at 12:00pm EDT:
https://zoom.us/j/857570389
Meeting ID: 857-570-389
By phone: US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656

Christopher L. Atchison, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Geoscience Education
Executive Director, International Association for Geoscience Diversity

University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210022
511E Teachers-Dyer Complex
Cincinnati, OH  45221-0022
513.556.3613

Connect with the IAGD and support accessible Earth science
www.theiagd.org<http://www.theiagd.org> | @AccessibleGEO<https://twitter.com/AccessibleGEO> | Donate<https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/112574644767835624/charity/119639>