Hope everybody is staying healthy and safe, and is adjusting well to the strange new reality. Our thoughts and sympathies are with those of our colleagues who have been affected by the global pandemic.
Given the circumstances, the Haskayne
School of Business (HSB) at the University of Calgary has extended the deadline for applications for an academic position in the
area of International Business Strategy.
This position will be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Associate Professor
(with tenure), or Full Professor (with tenure). The proposed start date is July 2020, with an option to negotiate a later start.
candidates must have:
- A doctorate in International Business and/or Strategy, or a closely related field (such as Business Economics) by the time of
- A strong record of research in international business (see specific requirements for each rank below)
- An active research program in international business, including sub-areas of international entrepreneurship and family business,
with a high potential of future publications in AJG4* journals
- Mainstream strategy scholars with multiple articles in AJG4* journals will also be considered
- Evidence of grantsmanship (commensurate with the professorial rank applied for)
- A demonstrated capability in graduate- and undergraduate-level teaching, with excellent student evaluations
- A demonstrated affinity with the practice of international business strategy, as shown by an understanding of practical issues
faced by managers and a willingness to conduct managerially relevant research, capacity to contribute to HSB’s engagement with the business community, and/or willingness to disseminate research to the general public and the business community
- A demonstrated willingness to provide service, as evidenced by a history of engagement in committees, initiatives and administrative
duties at a school, University, or international research and/or business community level (commensurate with the professorial rank applied for)
- Evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Applicants at the Assistant
Professor rank must provide evidence of past and/or potential excellence in scholarship, as demonstrated by publications and/or
papers under review in Academic Journal Guide (AJG) 4* journals. Candidates must have completed or have nearly completed a PhD.
Applicants at the Associate
Professor rank must have a portfolio of publications in high-impact refereed journals, including publications in AJG4* journals,
and will be recognized experts in their research fields.
Applicants at the Full
Professor rank must have a rich portfolio of publications in high-impact refereed journals, including publications in AJG4* journals,
and will be internationally recognized experts in their research fields. The ideal applicant will provide evidence of successful community building, mentorship, and leadership.
The normal teaching load in the Haskayne School of Business is two courses per semester (four per year), with teaching releases offered
to tenure-track faculty. Research support is offered to all new hires.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of Business is a progressive and innovative business school. Our mission is to
create and communicate knowledge of critical significance, while contributing to the development of our students as leaders of moral character with professional ability equal to the best in their field. With 3,500 full and part-time students currently enrolled
in bachelor's, master's, PhD, DBA and executive education programs, the business school boasts more than 18,000 alumni in 60 countries around the globe.
may be addressed to:
Dr. Liena Kano, Chair, Strategy and Global Management Area Recruiting Committee
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W.
Canada T2N 1N4
New Application Deadline: April