Hello,

This is Vanessa Garcia Polanco, a graduate student at MSU and also the science policy chair for MSU Scicomm. MSU Scicomm, aims to teach MSU faculty and students how to engage with policy makers, communicate science to elected officials, and advocate for science based decision making.

We will like to invite you to Policy Circle on Food and Agriculture Policy on Thursday March 12th, 2020 at 12pm where we will discuss how federal policies like the farm bill affect the way we eat, research in food, agriculture, nutrition, conservation and so much more. Scientists and advocates will learn how to engage and participate in federal policy processes. Food will be provided. Register Here.

The event will be on the Engineering Building ( 428 S Shaw Ln. East Lansing)  Seminar Room 3540. The best parking option will be the ramp on Trowbridge Rd or the Parking lot area between Engineering Building and the MSU International Center at 427 N Shaw Ln, East Lansing. See map here.

Science Policy Circles this semester will have a small presentation to discuss the selected science policy topic and after that discussion will be lead. Attendees are encouraged to stay involved after each Policy Circle by signing up to write a policy memo on the topic for the Journal of Science Policy and Governance Policy Memo Competition.

Please share with your network!

Best,

Vanessa G.P.

Vanessa García Polanco
Graduate Student - Research Assistant
Dept. Community Sustainability - Michigan State University