Food sovereignty intersects with almost every issue of community organizing: whether it’s civil rights organizers in Detroit expanding healthy food options, the water rights activists in the Upper Peninsula fighting for autonomy over their land, students fighting for education on organic or heritage farming, or Palestinian, women’s, and indigenous rights advocates globally. As activists, students, community members you know the importance of building solidarity, particularly in tackling local problems.

On March 21st from 12-7 PM, we invite you to join us on Michigan State University's campus to build community and gain the tools we need to take action and build a food system that serves us all. This activist training will feature organizers from the national movement Uprooted and Rising and is hosted by MSU’s Students United for Palestinian Rights (SUPR) in an effort to build a Midwest chapter of the movement. SUPR will lead the way in building an intersectional coalition to work towards positive change in the food systems of southeast Michigan, eventually expanding beyond.

Snacks and dinner will be provided! Schedule will be sent out in advance of the training and those interested in can register herebit.ly/msufoodjustice"

I have also attached the flyer and you can find the Facebook event here.

I hope you can join us!

Best,

Jaime Davidson
President, Students United for Palestinian Rights

[log in to unmask]" class="">