1/20/20 – 11/24/20

Hospitality Association Clubs and Events

Important Happenings!

Hospitality Business Apparel

ON SALE NOW!! Attached are pictures and an order form. Send completed forms to [log in to unmask]

Clubs and Events:

CAREER EXPO:

       CAREER EXPO is The School's annual career fair which brings in over 80 hospitality companies with full-time and                       internship opportunities! Interested in getting involved?

Join the 2020 CAREER EXPO Executive Board to help plan and execute our annual career fair!
20 board members are needed!
Planning meetings will begin in February.
Application for the 2020 Executive Board is attached!
Freshman - Seniors are encouraged to apply!
DEADLINE EXTENDED to Friday, January 31!

Les Gourmets:
          Still looking for ways to get involved in The School?
       Join the Les Gourmets Executive Board as a department supervisor!
       Please fill out the attached application by January 31, if interested

Club Managers Association of America (CMAA):

When: Tuesday, January 28 at 7:15 PM Where: BCC N102

Spartan pineapple pins for sale for $10.00 each

Pineapple mugs for sale for $15.00 each

CMAA Venmo: @CMAA-MSU

Destination Auction:

Are you a passionate Hospitality student looking to get involved in the community and in The School? Consider applying for one of our Assistant Director positions for Sponsorships and Solicitations! We are looking for students who want to get involved in the premier fundraising event for The School's Alumni Association and Hospitality Association.

-An Assistant Director of Sponsorships reaches out to industry professionals and works with them to obtain contributions to our event and ensures that they have a VIP experience on the day of Auction!

-An Assistant Director of Solicitations contacts businesses in hospitality to see if they are willing to contribute a donation to our event and shows them how they will be compensated for their generosity!

Please email [log in to unmask] for more information

Global Hospitality Business Organization (GHBO):

Open Positions: Director of Membership and Events, please contact [log in to unmask]

Director of Membership is in charge of promoting the club to students and increasing membership

Director of Events is in charge of booking spaces and setting up social events, fundraisers, and philanthropy opportunities for the club

Meeting and Events Club (MEC):

When: Tuesday, January 21 at 6:10 PM

Where: BCC N106

Spartan pineapple stickers for sale for $2.00 each

If you would like to purchase contact

Society for Hospitality Foodservice Management (SHFM):

SHFM is a club all about food and beverage. Join us for some decadent homemade hot chocolate at our first meeting of the semester!

When: Thursday, January 23 at 6:30 PM

Where: Kellogg Hotel HB Classroom Lower Level Room L73

Hospitality Association Executive Board

2019-2020

Ryleigh, Kyra, Anne, Hayley, Jillian, Kennedy

[log in to unmask]" class="EmojiInsert" width="65" height="75" style="margin:0px" data-outlook-trace="F:1|T:1" src="/cgi-bin/wa?A3=ind2001&L=MSU-SHB&E=base64&P=61155&B=--_008_BYAPR12MB3447B2D109B955EC196345A294370BYAPR12MB3447namp_&T=image%2Fpng;%20name=%22Outlook-fkemhmsz.png%22&N=Outlook-fkemhmsz.png">

Student and Industry Resource Center - "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

667 N Shaw Lane, Eppley Center, Room 228

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170

https://broad.msu.edu/hospitality-business/

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?