Growing Hope is hiring for a Youth Programs Assistant and Garden Education Coordinator. Both positions are part-time and paid hourly. Please see below for position summaries and instructions on how to apply.  Please read position postings attached to this email for full details.

Positions can also be found at growinghope.net/get-involved/jobs-internships

Youth Programs Assistant
The Youth Programs Assistant will work directly with youth Pre-K to 12th grade to implement lessons and activities. This person will support many of Growing Hope’s youth programs, including our summer and after-school “Seed2Plate” gardening and cooking lessons, youth field trips to our Urban Farm and Farmers Markets, and our Teen Leadership and Summer Program. Occasionally, this position will attend community events and meetings. All of our youth programs are framed as garden-based education that addresses racial justice in the food system. Additionally, we are beginning to offer STEAM-based lessons that build on classroom curricula standards.

To Apply:
Please submit application to [log in to unmask]. Include resume or description of relevant experience. Include a cover letter detailing your interest and why you are qualified for this position. Include at least two references (professional or personal). Applications accepted until Friday January 31st at 5:00 pm.  No formal education is required for this position.

Garden Educator Coordinator
The Garden Education Coordinator will work directly with adults and youth to implement vegetable gardening in home and community settings. This person will 1) support Ypsilanti-area residents to start and maintain their own home vegetable gardens, 2) support garden development and maintenance on our Urban Farm, and 3) facilitate  volunteer days on our Urban Farm.

To Apply: Submit resume or description of relevant experience. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest and why you are qualified for this position. Include at least two references (professional or personal) to [log in to unmask]. Applications accepted until Friday, February 7th at 5:00 pm.  No formal education is required for this position.

Growing Hope encourages people of color and individuals who possess an in-depth understanding of poverty or economic hardship to apply. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants and make employment decisions on the basis of merit. We do not discriminate potential employees based on race, creed, age, physical ability, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or marital status. Accommodations will be made so that the application process and position is made accessible for qualified applicants.

Erica Bloom
Assistant Director

734.786.8401 Office
922 W. Michigan Ave.