Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kunkle, Justin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: December 11, 2019 at 7:50:10 AM EST
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Schneider, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Job: Botany/Birding Technicians Summer 2020, Oregon

The Landscape Fire and Conservation Science Research Group (LCRSG) at Oregon State University is hiring 4 field research technicians to assist with data collection on a landscape scale retrospective study examining biodiversity responses to wildfire, salvage logging, and intensive forest management in the Klamath ecoregion of southwest Oregon during summer 2020.

Early seral pre-forest habitats created by stand-replacing disturbances are increasingly recognized for their critical role in supporting a diverse suite of birds, plants, pollinators, and other taxa. The Klamath ecoregion is a globally recognized biodiversity hotspot, home to one of the world’s most diverse temperate coniferous forests. A patchwork of public and private ownership in the region presents a unique opportunity to directly compare the biodiversity of early seral habitats generated by high severity wildfire, fire followed by salvage logging, and management practices associated with industrial plantation forestry.

Technicians will be involved in data collection on avian, pollinator, carabid beetle, and plant communities and vegetation structure. We are particularly seeking individuals with a high degree of expertise in plant identification or avian point count techniques, ideally in early seral environments and/or in southwest Oregon. Housing will be provided in the town of Myrtle Creek and compensation will range from $13.44 - $19.11 per hour, commensurate with experience. We anticipate a start date of 4/20/20, extending through 8/28/20, though we may be able to accommodate some flexibility in start/end dates on an individual basis.

For more information and to submit an application, please follow this link https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/86002. For full consideration, please apply by January 12, 2020. After this date, we will continue to accept applications until all positions have been filled. Questions can be directed to Graham Frank ([log in to unmask]) or Meg Krawchuk ([log in to unmask]).

The LCRSG focuses on research in landscape ecology, biogeography, and conservation at scales ranging from local to global, with the specific aim of addressing the causes and consequences of ecological disturbances. More information on our group can be found here: http://people.forestry.oregonstate.edu/meg-krawchuk/lab

Justin Kunkle, PhD
Pronouns: He, Him, His (What’s This<https://www.glsen.org/sites/default/files/GLSEN%20Pronouns%20Resource.pdf>?)

Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Forestry
Michigan State University
118 Natural Resources
East Lansing, MI 48824