Dear all, please distribute the following Call For Paper.

Past, Present and Future in Emerging Markets: Special Review Issue

Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Emerging Markets, 2018 impact factor 2.067, 2018 cite score 2.16

Guest editors

Justin Paul, Rollins College- Florida & University of Puerto Rico- USA

Andrea Paltrinieri, University of Udine, Italy

Purpose and research questions

During the past 20 years, we have witnessed a tremendous changes in emerging markets’ academic research from multidisciplinary perspectives: economics, finance, business, marketing, management. On the other side, academic researchers have continuously improved their methodology to carry out literature reviews on specific fields of research.

In management and business research, for example, several forms of quali-quantitative surveys, such as bibliometric literature reviews and content analysis, have gained a lot of attentions, while in economics, purely quantitative methods, such as meta-analysis, have been used to examine the patterns of publication selections and explaining the differences in the results of the individual studies.

The aim of this special issue is to collect survey articles, performing literature reviews in the broadest emerging markets’ streams of research with multidisciplinary perspectives. Any review has to contain ideas for future research, setting a specific research agenda, to fill the gaps in the literature.

Topics for inclusion (among others)

In this IJoEm special issue, we welcome papers within the broad areas of emerging markets, with a specific focus on the articles and methods less covered by previous literature reviews. We seek surveys with future research agenda on the following areas (but not limited to):

-Different dimensions of marketing in emerging markets such as brand management; service marketing etc.

-Strategic management in emerging markets

-Internationalization of firms

-Banking systems in emerging markets

-M&A in emerging markets banks

-Efficiency and profitability in emerging markets banks

-Financial crises in emerging markets

-Emerging markets’ stock exchanges

-Institutional investors in emerging markets

-Emerging markets’ mutual fund performance

-Emerging markets’ stock indices behavior

-Emerging markets bonds and stocks

-Emerging markets’ currencies

-Capital flows in emerging markets

-Corporate governance in emerging markets

- HR management in emerging markets

-Entrepreneurship in emerging markets

Important Dates:

Paper Submission Deadline:     December 15, 2019

Publication:                                  Around Mid 2021

Guidelines on Submission:

Please visit the International Journal of Emerging Market at: www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/ijoem

to know more about the manuscript requirements.

Submissions to the International Journal of Emerging Markets are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available through http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijoem

More Information:

To obtain additional information, please contact the guest editors:

Justin Paul, Rollins College- Florida & University of Puerto Rico- USA: [log in to unmask]

Andrea Paltrinieri, University of Udine, Italy: [log in to unmask]

References/ Review Article authors can benchmark with:

Alon, I., Anderson, J., Munim, Z. H., Ho, A. (2018). A review of the internationalization of Chinese enterprises. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 1-33.

Cintra, R.F., Cassol, A., Ribeiro, I., De Carvalho, A.O. (2018). Corruption and emerging markets: Systematic review of the most cited. Research in International Business and Finance, 45, 607-619.

Fan, J.P.H., Wei, K.C.J., Xu, X. (2011). Corporate finance and governance in emerging markets: a selective review and an agenda for future research. Journal of corporate finance, 17, 207-214.

Hadengue, M., De Marcellis-Warin, N., Warin, T. (2017). Reverse innovation: a systematic literature review. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 12(2), 142-182.

Jimenez, A., Bjorvatn, T. (2018). The building blocks of political risk research: a bibliometric co-citation analysis. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 13(4), 631-652.

Jormanainen, I., Koveshnikov, A. (2012). International Activities of Emerging Market Firms. A Critical Assessment of Research in Top International Management Journals. Management International Review, 52(5), 691-725.

Kearney, C. (2012). Emerging markets research: Trends, issues and future directions. Emerging Markets Review, 13, 159-183.

Nnamdi, O., Owusu, R. (2014). Africa as a source location: literature review and implications. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 9(3), 424-438.

Oehmichen, J. (2018). East meets West-Corporate Governance in Asian emerging markets: A literature review and research agenda. International Business Review, 27(2), 465-480.

Paul, J., Benito, G. R. (2018). A Review of Research on Outward Foreign Direct Investment From Emerging Countries, Including China: What Do We Know, How Do We Know, and Where Should We Be Heading?. Asia Pacific Business Review, 24(1), 90-115.

Paul, J., Parthasarathy, S., Gupta, P. (2017). Exporting challenges of SMEs: A review and future research agenda. Journal of world business, 52(3), 327-342.

Rosado-Serrano, A., Paul, J., & Dikova, D. (2018). International franchising: A literature review and research agenda. Journal of Business Research, 85, 238-257.

Rottig, D. (2017). Meta-analyses of culture’s consequences for acquisition performance: An examination of statistical artifacts, methodological moderators and the context of emerging markets. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 12(1), 8-37.

Valickova, P., Havranek, T., Horvah, R. (2014). Financial development and economic growth: a meta-analysis. Journal of Economic Surveys, 29(3), 506-526.

 Zamore, S., Ohene Djan, K., Alon, I., Hobdari, B. (2018). Credit risk research: review and agenda, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 54(4), 811–835.