Call for Applications 2020 – Gustavson School of Business PhD Program in International Management

The Gustavson School of Business’ PhD Program in International Management & Organization is looking for 4 research-focused, academically strong, Masters-level graduates, in all disciplines, who are interested in research topics relating to international management and organization to enter our program in September 2020. Our program is designed for those who wish to pursue a career in university research and teaching. All students who are admissible will be provided with a competitive funding package, including funding for conferences and dissertation expenses.

Our vision for our PhD Program is to develop academically-oriented students who will make a difference in the world through impactful research.  The primary focus areas of our PhD is in international management, with courses in the areas of business sustainability, business strategy, organizational behavior and theory, and cross national and human resource management. Our four year program begins with coursework in the first two years, followed by dissertation work in the last two years. With our cohort-based structure, students will have the opportunity to learn from and work closely with internationally recognized research faculty in international business, sustainability and organization with a variety of methodological backgrounds. Our faculty members have published in highly ranked journals including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Human Relations, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Organization Studies, Journal of World Business, and Strategic Management Journal, among others. The school is home to the Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation (CSSI) and we are in the 0.5% of business schools worldwide who hold both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. Students can study in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada – our University of Victoria campus provides the perfect backdrop for inspiration of new research.

The deadline for applications is January 30, 2020 and application materials are available online. Prospective students are encouraged to connect with Wendy Mah, PhD Program Manager, ([log in to unmask]) early in the process.

Sincerely,

Carmen Galang, PhD

Associate Professor and PhD Program Director

Gustavson School of Business

University of Victoria