A reminder to join the Racial Equity in the Food System (REFS) workgroup for the second webinar in our food sovereignty series.

You must register (see below) to participate.

Building Partnerships to Support Food Sovereignty in African American Communities

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

3:00 to 4:00 pm EST

In this webinar, we’ll learn about how and why African American communities are working together to enhance their food sovereignty. Following this introduction to the concept of food sovereignty and its role in African American communities, Malik Yakini with the Detroit Black Community Food Security Network and Lilly Fink Shapiro with the University of Michigan’s Sustainable Food Systems Initiative will discuss their partnership designing and co-leading the Food Literacy for All course. They will describe how the partnership was developed and its impact both in the community and on campus. The webinar also will introduce Kimberly Carr, a post-doctoral research associate in food sovereignty and racial equity at the Center for Regional Food Systems and Center for Interdisciplinarity at Michigan State University.

Click on the link below to register – registration is required (there is no fee to register)

CLICK TO REGISTER

The Racial Equity in the Food System workgroup is coordinated by the

MSU Center for Regional Food Systems

Vanessa García Polanco
Graduate Student - Research Assistant
Dept. Community Sustainability - Michigan State University