Dear colleagues,

I am looking for up to 2 new graduate students within my field of research (Critical Urban Food Geographies) for Master and PhD level studies in the Department of Geography, University of Calgary for program start in Sept 2020.

Supervision: Dr. Marit Rosol, Canada Research Chair in Global Urban Studies and Associate Professor of Geography
Position 1 (PhD level) entails research assistance with a SSHRC funded research project on  community food initiatives in Calgary, Alberta and their connection to housing.
Position 2 (MA or PhD level) is an open call for research proposals related to one of my research interests: a) Food and alternative economies, b) Urban food movements, c) Relation between food and housing insecurity

Main qualifications:

Student support will come from a combination of teaching assistantships (TA),  scholarships from the Department of Geography and supervisor, and – for position 1 only – a research assistantship (RA) from the supervisor.  Program start date will be September 2020, the RA may start earlier.
For detailed information please see https://geog.ucalgary.ca/profiles/marit-rosol and  https://ucalgary.academia.edu/MaritRosol#graduateandpostdoctoralopportunities
or go directly to the pdf  https://www.academia.edu/36453596/Seeking_exceptional_candidates_for_two_fully_funded_graduate_student_positions_Master_and_PhD_level_in_Critical_Urban_Food_Studies

Please apply internally to Marit Rosol on or before Dec 6th 2019 by following the "How to apply" guide provided in the pdf closely. Successful candidates will also need to apply for program admission by January 5th 2020. (Applications arriving later may also be considered until positions are filled.)

I would be grateful if you could bring this opportunity to the attention of your qualified students and other potential candidates.

Sincerely,

Marit Rosol
--
Marit Rosol, Dr. | Canada Research Chair "Global Urban Studies"
Associate Professor of Geography | Department of Geography | University of Calgary