FYI…we will be having an info session to talk about the entrepreneurship study abroad programs at 4pm on Friday, November 1 at the Gaynor Entrepreneurship Lab in the Minskoff Business Pavilion. A flyer is attached which says essentially the same thing. There is no formal registration, but please let me know if you’ll be attending, and feel free to forward this to your friends as needed.

To the faculty on this thread:  Please circulate this to your students.

Sincerely,

Neil Kane

From: Kane, Neil
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:50 PM
To: Desiree Melfi <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Ruvio, Ayalla <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Follow-up from Study Abroad Fair: Entrepreneurship

Good afternoon,

You’re receiving this email because you stopped by the entrepreneurship booth at the Breslin Center last week during the study abroad fair.

To remind you, there are three entrepreneurship-themed study abroad offerings available this year.

  1. Study Abroad Program to Israel. This will be a “normal” spring semester course and the trip to Israel will take place over spring break (about February 29 to March 8, 2020).  It is three credit-hours. The faculty member is Dr. Ayalla Ruvio ([log in to unmask]).
  2. The European Innovation Academy, offered through the University of California-Berkeley, runs from approximately July 5 through July 31, 2020. You can learn more about the program here: https://www.inacademy.eu/portugal/  (do not sign up at this website). The program through Berkeley has an *additional week* beyond what is on the EIA website. It is six credit-hours. Here are the details from *last year* so you can learn more about it. The 2020 offering will be comparable, but some details may change. http://studyabroad.berkeley.edu/program/summerabroad/portugal  Please contact me with any questions.
  3. There is a program to Japan from August 1 to August 14, 2020. It is three credit-hours. The faculty member is Ken Szymusiak ([log in to unmask]).

A flyer is attached for the programs in Portugal and Israel.

All of the programs offer credit toward the Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. In the case of the European Innovation Academy, you will earn credits from the University of California-Berkeley and those will transfer back to MSU.

You cannot formally register for these programs yet, but our guidance is to begin doing your research about which program you’re interested in and make sure that you understand the costs and dates involved.

We are planning to hold an information session to talk about all three programs and answer questions. I’ll send out another email in the next few days once we get that scheduled (most likely early November).

In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to use me as a point person or contact the faculty above.

Sincerely,

Neil Kane

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824