The Institute of Management and Strategy (IfB-HSG) at the University of St. Gallen is opening a PhD fellowship in strategic management / global strategy.
Starting from 15.02.2020 or by agreement
The successful candidate will complete a dissertation in strategic management. In addition, he/she will support teaching, paper publication in internationally renowned journals, compilation of case studies for publication in the University of St. Gallen Case Collection, and research projects with partners from practice. The doctoral thesis will be supervised by Professor Dr. Björn Ambos. Further information about research at the Institute of Management and Strategy (IfB) and the chair of Prof. Ambos may be accessed at https://ifb.unisg.ch.
· Completion of graduate studies in management (or equivalent) with very good grades
· Excellent analytical skills, motivation, self-discipline, ability to work in a team, and pro-activeness to complete a doctoral thesis
· Strong interest in academic research with particular focus on quantitative empirical methods
· Prior experience with SPSS, STATA (or equivalent) is highly appreciated
· Excellent command of the English language (orally and written), basic skills in German would be an advantage.
Applications should include
· Cover letter describing your background, interests, research paper (e.g. Master dissertation), main experiences, skills and personal qualifications as well as your motives to begin a PhD;
· Curriculum vitae;
· Copies of your diplomas (Bachelor and Master);
· Copies of your Master transcripts.
Important: Prior to sending your application, please verify general eligibility for admission to doctoral programs at the University of St. Gallen via the university website or directly with the admission office:
For further information please contact Natasha Senn ()