Dear colleague,

Please distribute the following Call For Papers:

Special Issue "Industry 4.0 and Industrial Sustainability”

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/special_issues/Industrial_Sustainability_Industry

Additional Information:

Editors

Celeste Amorim Varum  (University of Aveiro)
Ana Teresa Tavares-Lehmann (University of Porto)

Call for Papers

Submission Deadline: 31st December, 2019

Inquiries

If you are willing to submit a paper, please contact:

Celeste Amorim Varum ([log in to unmask])

Ana Teresa Tavares-Lehmann ([log in to unmask])

Summary

Industry 4.0 (I4.0) and the Circular Economy are two emerging concepts likely to redefine how our economy and industries work. There is an understanding that the combination of the two will lead us faster towards the Green Economy, and may contribute to harmonizing ambitions for economic growth and environmental protection.

Indeed, it has been recognized that the underlying drivers and technologies of Industry 4.0 might help fulfill the potential of the Circular Economy towards a more sustainable industry. The numerous synergies between them need to be tackled.

Yet, existing research addressing the two areas is still very scant and there are plenty of research issues to address.

This Special Issue aims to encourage researchers to explore the linkages between Industry 4.0 and Sustainability, to facilitate and speed up the transition into a Circular Economy, contributing to hasten the acquisition of competitive advantages for industries and firms in the future.

To address this area of research, the proposed Special Issue calls for papers that present applied work on issues including, but not limited to:

-linkages between Industry 4.0 and the Circular Economy;

-sustainability assessments for Industry 4.0;

-the impact of sustainable I4.0 technologies on different areas, such as competitiveness, efficiency, employment, and environmental and social issues;

-sectoral studies on the interface between Industry 4.0 and the Circular Economy; and

-policy issues.