My department is currently advertising for a continuing track position in agro-ecology (very broadly defined as the attached advert hopefully conveys).

Continuing track positions at Elon are considered equivalent to tenure track in terms of salary, benefits, and position permanence, but with a slightly higher emphasis on teaching and service and lower emphasis on scholarship compared to tenure track positions. We are trying to cast a wide net with this job ad, so please pass this on if you know someone who might be a good fit!

Department of Environmental Studies - Sustainable Agriculture. Elon University invites applications for a continuing-track Assistant Professor or Lecturer in our interdisciplinary Environmental Studies program (dependent upon candidate’s qualifications), beginning mid-August, 2020.  Candidates must have a minimum of a master’s degree in agriculture, ecology, or related STEM field.  We seek candidates whose research is situated within a broad vision of the possibilities of agronomic and social opportunities for sustainable agriculture in our region. Highly preferred is a willingness to engage students in projects that involve hands-on experience with food production, environmental quality and community engagement. Teaching will include courses in sustainable food production, introduction to environmental science, environmentally-focused mid to upper-level courses in applicant’s area of expertise and courses in the Elon Core Curriculum. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of people, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in their cover letter. Elon is a dynamic private, co-educational, comprehensive institution that is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in teaching and learning in a liberal arts based residential campus.  To learn more about Elon, please visit the University web site at www.elon.edu <http://www.elon.edu>. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applications must be received by December 1st 2019 to be assured of consideration. Send letter of application, CV, transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness, research interests, and names of three references to Robert Michel Charest, Search Chair at [log in to unmask]. Elon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.

Thanks!

Dr. Amanda Chunco
Department of Environmental Studies
McMichael Science Building 003D