The Department of Geosciences at USU has two faculty searches underway, and members of our faculty will be at GSA in Phoenix next week to meet with those interested in applying.

Utah State University is set in Logan, Utah, and faculty benefits include exceptional quality of life and affordable cost of living. The Department is actively working to increase the diversity of our faculty and students. Members of under-represented groups, veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Applied Geoscience and STEM Education: We invite applications for a Professional Practice Assistant Professor position to develop and lead an undergraduate program training students for the geoscience workforce, to begin July 2020. We seek candidates who fuse innovative learning with applied geoscience training. By the start date, candidates must have a Ph.D. in Geosciences, Earth Sciences, or a closely-related field. Professional experience in environmental, government, and/or industry geoscience is strongly preferred.

Sedimentological Processes and Records: We invite applications for an academic-year (9-month), tenure-track Assistant Professor to begin August 2020. We seek candidates who conduct innovative and quantitative research in areas such as: interpretation of sedimentary successions across all time and/or spatial scales, critical zone processes, life-sediment interactions, and near-surface geophysical investigations. Successful candidates will demonstrate potential to develop an externally funded research program. Postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred.

More information about each position, including required application materials and contacts for search chairs, can be found on our website:

https://geo.usu.edu/ou-files/Sed%20Processes_Job-Announce_website.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__geo.usu.edu_ou-2Dfiles_Sed-2520Processes-5FJob-2DAnnounce-5Fwebsite.pdf&d=DwMFAw&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=FkqvBXbDCiAHf7DY5OL82VPhzb5qJxV3vvN01z9gXDw&s=9avXPocBRTmMJN_Vi5fIqxx5pTrTFh_hxOHc62aJoFI&e=>

https://geo.usu.edu/ou-files/Geopaths%20Workforce_Job-Announce_website.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__geo.usu.edu_ou-2Dfiles_Geopaths-2520Workforce-5FJob-2DAnnounce-5Fwebsite.pdf&d=DwMFAw&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=FkqvBXbDCiAHf7DY5OL82VPhzb5qJxV3vvN01z9gXDw&s=Q0y_NG3mMC8r5KCLUVNNXg-AVqsWQeJeUEKOp_CmiOQ&e=>

Interested applicants can view the complete position announcements and apply online at https://careers-usu.icims.com/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers-2Dusu.icims.com_&d=DwMFAw&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=bTpQo6C_bwDiZFSgr8ADeg&m=FkqvBXbDCiAHf7DY5OL82VPhzb5qJxV3vvN01z9gXDw&s=JMKJhIufMnW6b4d3-pn23VJ0G21_p04Y2FRZp6TBfvo&e=>. Review of applications for each position will begin on October 31st, 2019.

Joel L. Pederson
Professor and Head
Department of Geosciences, Utah State University
http://www.usu.edu/geo/pederson