Dear Colleagues,

Let me announce the publication of the Special Issue of the International Journal of Emerging Markets titled “MNEs from Russia and CIS: from national champions to global players”.

https://www.emerald.com/insight/publication/issn/1746-8809/vol/14/iss/3

This special issue is an attempt to contribute to the scholarly conversation on emerging market MNEs that has been taking place in international business outlets. We take a step away from the highly popular term “emerging markets,” which itself is grounded on the assumption of similarity among various countries clustered in this group: instead, we focus solely on MNEs from Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).

Based on the collective contribution of five articles published in the special issue we suggest that MNEs from Russia and the CIS have become an increasingly visible feature of the global business ecosystem and will certainly occupy the minds of scholars not only from international business, but also from other disciplines.

Andrei Panibratov

Guest co-editor of the SI (with Snejina Michailova)