For those of you interested in becoming a conservation officer.

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2019 at 9:34 AM
To: Jim Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Ohio Wildlife Officer Hiring Announcement

Hello Jim,

I am reaching out with the hopes you may be help alert MSU Fisheries and Wildlife students and alumni about an exciting career opportunity as an Ohio wildlife officer.  We are pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted through Sunday August 4, 2019 for the next wildlife officer cadet training school.  The ODNR Division of Wildlife is seeking to fill 15 state wildlife officer positions to be assigned throughout Ohio.  This is a great opportunity for those people with an interest in wildlife and natural resources conservation, law enforcement, and public service.  Certification as a peace officer is not required as we will provide all needed training to the selected individuals hired as part of our training academy program.

To be considered for the wildlife officer cadet training school, applicants must be at least 21 years of age by May 1, 2020, and have a valid driver’s license. An associate degree or completion of an undergraduate core program in criminal justice/law enforcement, wildlife/fisheries/natural resources management, or related fields is required by Sept. 1, 2019.  As noted, they don’t have to have their degree now to apply if they have will have their core work completed soon.

Interested individuals can view the wildlife officer cadet posting here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dasstateoh.taleo.net_careersection_oh-5Fext_jobdetail.ftl-3Fjob-3D1900040Y-26tz-3DGMT-2D04-253A00-26tzname-3DAmerica-252FNew-5FYork&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=zojqX74LNSCU775QP10Mix7_-c_YD5MBQ18pAQwwC78&s=mndxtxuJa0TwbXgmuJMtmN1MUQ7SMG0K6M41p9H1SB8&e=> or at http://careers.ohio.gov/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__careers.ohio.gov_&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=zojqX74LNSCU775QP10Mix7_-c_YD5MBQ18pAQwwC78&s=f2edaSus04uzDg3FfWWE4_uR7CBx9CD8XxKDd1vt0Wg&e=>.  Select the button “Search for State Government Jobs" and then search by Organization - "Natural Resources.”

Additional information and resources can also be found at wildohio.gov/wildlifeofficer<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wildohio.gov_wildlifeofficer&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=zojqX74LNSCU775QP10Mix7_-c_YD5MBQ18pAQwwC78&s=VqPteARFzjrQj2Fj85HtTdnIj6n216sQCSxI9pg2H3E&e=>.  I have attached a fact sheet on the wildlife officer job and responsibilities.

I know MSU uses the Handshake platform to advertise job opportunities and our Human Resources group has also posted it there.

Please feel free to direct any interested individuals to me with any questions.  If there are any other faculty or staff you can share this with I would appreciate that as well.

Sincerely,

Jim Quinlivan

[Division of Wildlife logo]
James P. Quinlivan