A number of our colleagues have reported receiving suspicious emails in which a person claiming to be a member of the AIB Executive Board made an urgent request for money, to be delivered via wire transfer.

Please note: If you receive any request to send money to another member or academic institution on behalf of AIB, it is an attempt at fraud.  None of our members will ever be asked to make a monetary transfer in order to conduct official AIB business—all such transactions are managed by the Secretariat.

If you receive one of these fraudulent emails, please take the following actions:

  *   Do not write any responses to the attempted scammer.
  *   Forward a copy of the email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> — this will allow the Secretariat to track these scam attempts and the tactics being used to solicit money from our members.

If you have any questions, or if you are unsure about the nature of an email you receive from an AIB leader or from the Secretariat, please send us an email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and we will help you to verify its authenticity.

Sincerely,
The AIB Secretariat

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.