Disrupt or Be Disrupted?

AIB-US Northeast 2019 Annual Conference
(Rutgers Business School, Newark, NJ, October 11-12)
Abstract deadline: July 28, 2019

The global business environment is facing an unprecedented level of turbulence. After witnessing an increase in globalization for several decades, we are now facing an environment in which there is a growing skepticism of globalization. At the same time, the new technological developments in the domains such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, internet of things and big data are disrupting the existing business models and providing new avenues for firms to do business domestically and in global markets. For example, there has been an emergence of alternative organizational forms such as platform firms and shared economy firms that are disrupting incumbents and pursuing international expansion at a rate that has not been witnessed before. The disruptions caused by globalization or anti-globalization forces and technological advancements have implications for all aspects of business. We hope that this conference provides a platform for scholarly discourse on the theme of “disrupt or be disrupted”.

We welcome both scholars and practitioners to join us in Newark, during the peak of the beautiful foliage season, to discuss our theme topic and others, which could include but are not limited to the following:

  • Adapting to Disruption – Global Business

  • Be Disrupted - Artificial Intelligence

  • Digital Disruption

  • Disruptive Forces – Scope, Scale, and Economic Impact of Technology

  • Disruption in a Global Environment

  • Disruption in International Accounting, Economics, and Finance

  • Disruption of Long-Established Patterns in the World Economy

  • Disrupt or Be Disrupted

  • Disruptions from Connectivity – Capital, Trade, People, Information

  • Emerging Market Disruptions

  • Governing a Disrupted World

  • Pedagogy of International Business Disruption

We emphasize that while we are particularly interested in proposal abstracts (200-250 words) on the conference theme, we welcome submissions on any international business topic within the broader international business research agenda.

Submission Instructions:

Please submit your proposal at: https://meetings.aib.msu.edu/us-ne/2019/

Enclosed please find the Call for Papers for the conference. We look forward to meeting you in Newark!

Program Chairs:
Ajai Gaur, Rutgers University
Jun Li, University of New Hampshire

Conference Chairs:
Crystal Jiang, Bryant University
John Cantwell, Rutgers University

Sincerely yours,
Jun

Jun Li, Ph.D.
Associate Profesor of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship
Associate Editor, New England Journal of Entrepreneurship
Department of Management
Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824
Tel: 6038623365 | Fax: 6038623383 | [log in to unmask]