The National Young Farmers Coalition (Young Farmers) represents, mobilizes, and engages young farmers to ensure their success. Since our founding in 2010, we have launched 43 farmer-led chapters in 29 states and grown our grassroots base to 150,000. We give young farmers tools to become leaders in their communities, building an effective political voice at the local, state, and national level. Together, we tackle the most critical structural and economic barriers that prevent motivated young people from starting and growing successful farm businesses—including affordable farmland, student debt, climate change, healthcare and more. We have won historic investments in beginning farmer training, outreach to socially disadvantaged farmers, and farmland conservation. Our advocacy for a USDA Farm Service Agency microloan resulted in a loan program in every county that has served more than 30,000 farmers.

Young Farmers seeks an experienced and strategic Federal Policy Director who can lead and grow our policy initiatives in Washington, DC. We are looking for a candidate who feels comfortable representing the voice of young farmers—someone who can connect with our diverse farmer members, hear their concerns, and fight for their priorities. Our ideal candidate feels equally comfortable lobbying a Representative, visiting a farm, leading a Coalition call, and briefing funders.

Please see our website for the full job description<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youngfarmers.org_about_jobs_&d=DwMFaQ&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=dWvhVGYdXPgQj6pG0e9NFA&m=wEgHt8UxvKNl4te6g79aGIFiriRSeXyuLXq-sW2f7RM&s=DhGxJ4mjIoJag_6WPy-0suiZJ20T1-O0501CGC2BONE&e=>.

To apply, send a cover letter and a one-page resume with any salary requirement to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please put “FEDERAL POLICY DIRECTOR” in the subject line. No calls, please.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 22nd. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.