Dear all,

We are pleased to announce 3 positions at the Junior Research Group Food for Justice: Power, Politics, and Food Inequalities in a Bioeconomy (2019 - 2024), at the Institute for Latin American Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, under my supervision. The project is funded by the BMBF.

Combining theoretical perspectives on global inequalities with social movement research, Food for Justice examines normative questions of inequalities and justice, rights and democracy that arise in disputes surrounding the question “how are we going to feed the world. It looks into social mobilization targeted at injustices in the food system and into social and political innovations that address inequalities undermining food security such as class, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality with case studies in Europe (with focus on Germany) and in Latin America (focusing on Brazil).

1 Post-Doctoral Position, full-time (remuneration E-13 TV-L FU).

https://www.fu-berlin.de/universitaet/beruf-karriere/jobs/wiss/33_zi-lateinamerika-institut/LI-LAI-PostdocFfJ2019.html

2 Pre-Doctoral Positions, 65% or full time (remuneration E-13 TV-L FU).

https://www.fu-berlin.de/universitaet/beruf-karriere/jobs/wiss/33_zi-lateinamerika-institut/LI-LAI-PhdFfJ2019.html

(There was an error at the call for PhD Positions: we are expecting one person to be fluent in Portuguese and the other to be fluent in German).

Deadline for applications is August 26, 2019.

Thank you for spreading the word in your networks.

Best wishes,

Renata

Jun-Prof. Dr. Renata C. Motta

Soziologie

Lateinamerika-Institut,Freie Universität Berlin

Rüdesheimer Str. 54-56

D-14197 Berlin Germany

Tel.: +49 30 83872539

http://www.lai.fu-berlin.de/homepages/Motta/