Apply to Host an AmeriCorps Member This Fall

APPLY NOW - NEW REDUCED SITE FEE!

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

APPLY TO HOST AN AMERICORPS MEMBER FOR THE 2019-20 PROGRAM YEAR

The award-winning, Ingham County Health Department AmeriCorps State Program is accepting applications from organizations to partner with ICHD who would benefit from hosting an AmeriCorps member for the 2019-2020 program year!

Commonly known as the “domestic Peace Corps,” AmeriCorps is a national service program governed by a federal agency – the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) – and administered in Michigan by the Michigan Community Service Commission (MCSC). AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connect Americans in intensive service to meet our country’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. AmeriCorps members serve with nonprofits, public agencies, and faith-based and community organizations. Since 1994, AmeriCorps State members have provided needed assistance to millions of Americans across the nation.

The ICHD AmeriCorps State Program places members at organizations to work directly with the community in areas of food access and healthy lifestyles programming to increase healthy habits and reduce chronic diseases. We're looking for organizations within Ingham County to host a member October 14, 2019 - September 21, 2020.

Don't miss your chance to become a partner with Ingham County Health Department! Deadline to apply is June 20th, 2019.

To learn more about the program and view our new match fee CLICK HERE!

MEMBERS PROVIDE NEIGHBORS WITH:

FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS:
Members assist or organize food pantries, hot meal programs, gleaning efforts or grow fresh produce to alleviate hunger.

VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT & RECRUITMENT:
Members recruit, train and lead volunteers to assist in healthy lifestyle programming.

NUTRITION EDUCATION:
Members coordinate or lead nutrition education classes so residents can learn nutrition skills. Class topics can include: how to shop healthy on a budget, cooking demonstrations, nutrition 101, and more!

COMMUNITY GARDEN ASSISTANCE:
Members manage or help with the management of community garden plots so neighbors have access to gardening space to grow their own food.

GARDENING EDUCATION:
Members coordinate or lead gardening education classes so residents can learn gardening skills.

EXERCISE EDUCATION:
Members coordinate or lead exercise education classes so residents can learn skills to be physically fit. Class topics can include: impact of exercise on the body,  how to access parks & trails for exercise, leading exercise classes and more!

To learn more about the AmeriCorps Program and review our new match fee CLICK HERE

Deadline to apply is June 20th, 2019!

Questions, comments or technical assistance requests can be sent to Andrea Villanueva, ICHD AmeriCorps State Program Director at [log in to unmask]

Copyright © 2019 Ingham County Health Department, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
5303 S. Cedar Street
Suite 2400
Lansing MI, 48910

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
Ingham County Health Department AmeriCorps Program · 5303 S Cedar St Ste 2400 · Lansing, MI 48911-3800 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html